Chapter 22

Jennifer's POV
I couldn't believe my eyes what I've just seen. How it could be him? I stand frozen on my spot. My eyes are wide open and my mouth is hunged open. This just can't be true.
"H-h-how it could b-be y-you?" I stuttered.
Okay so my stuttering habit is back again.
"Excuse me? It's you who is standing in my office inside my cabin" he said and added "by the way, why the fuck are you here?"
"I-i umm....uh..I'm actually-" i was trying to say something but nothing came out
"Just fucking answer DAMNIT" he said slamming his fist on the table.
I flinched back, being scared. Then I don't know what comes in his mind, he picked up his phone and calling someone.
"Alex, fucking come in the cabin right now" he said and then hunged up glared at me intensely. I was looking at the floor not meeting my gaze with him. After a while someone came inside the cabin.
"Yess Hunter? Why did you called me in so hurry? Is everything alright? He asked looking at him and then at me.
"Alex. Who tf she is? And she is here in my cabin?" He asked him fuming in anger.
Oh so his name is Alex. He looks more good in nature.
"Whaat? Of course she's here cause she's your secretary" he informed him
"Whaat?? No way. I don't want her as my secretary" he shouted
"But why? She didn't even do anything so how can you judge her before anything" he shouted back.
Hunter looked at me and then at Alex.
"I said, I don't want her as my secretary and that's it" he said
"But WHY??" Alex yelled
"Because-" he was about to say something but stopped in the middle.
I looked up at him waiting for him to reveal everything. But he didn't.
"Because what?" Alex asked
Hunter turned around, his back is now facing us. Alex glanced at me then motioned me to wait outside the cabin. I nodded my head and went out.
Jesus Christ! Why I always end up being at his place. I was literally not ready to face him again but he again showed me up from nowhere else. I just hope I won't lose my this job just because of him. Ugh! If I would knew that it was him who owned this company I would never apply here for the job. Now I'm just hoping that he let me work here cause as i said this job is so freaking important for me.

Hunter's POV
"Look, man I don't know what comes into you that you're judging her before watching her work. But she seems so generous and hard-working. I'm sure she will do much better than we think" Alex told me
"But I don't want it" i said being stubborn
"Seriously man, you should have seen that how I stressed i am just because i need to take care of everything, which I can't" he said
"It's okay. I'm ready to take care of my own things Alex. You don't need to do anything for me from now onwards" i said getting irritate.
"Oh yeah! I know. You'll again messed up things like you did before" he said making me realise that what had happened when i took all the charges of the company.
"So, you think I'm not able to bear my responsibilities?" I asked
"No, it's not like that. But just see, you're boss of this company you need to take care of other things which needs your focus, you cannot focus on small things so just because of that i want someone for you who can take care and manage those small things for you and i think Jennifer is capable for that" he said.
I looked at him and think about a bit. Maybe he's been really stressed out and I don't think so it would be fine to make stress.
"Pleaseee bro! Pleaseee" He said hoping I said yes for keeping her.
"Ughh! Fineee" i said
"Yayyy" he said and then hugged me
"Wtff! Alex get off of me" i told him struggling to get free from his hold
"You prick. I said get off of me" i said and pushed him away from me
He laughed at me and i glared at him. He stopped and then I started to laugh and he joined me.
"Thanks mate" he said patting my shoulder
"Ahh! Not a problem" i smirked
"Okay, I'm sending her here so you can get to know little bit about her" he said and i nodded.
He went out the room and i get busy with my files until i heard the knock on the door.
"Come in" i said
I heard the footsteps of her coming closer to me.
"Uhmm... Hunter i-"
"Excuse me?" I stopped her in the middle of the sentence while turning around.
I raised my one eyebrow at her and said
"I'm your Boss, not your colleague or friend. So you better call me Sir." I told her
She looked a little shocked when I mentioned we are nothing more than a Boss and a Secretary.
"I-i am so-oryy" she said. I nodded my head and signaled her to carry on what she wants to say.
I sat down on my chair waiting for her to say something. When I didn't hear anything from her i looked up at her watching she's getting nervous, she's fiddling with her fingers while not getting what to say.
"Are you only going to just stand here or will say something?" I asked
Her head snapped in my direction. Her body is shaking. Is she still afraid of me? Well, that's good if she is. She left me for no reason, left me when i wanted to treat her like a queen, left me when i used to love her with all my heart. I watched her intensely not breaking my gaze from her. I hate to admit that but she became more beautiful than before. Maybe i can do something with her. Like, some play? I mean she hurted me a lots of times but then too I had always tried to make it up with her. She rejected me 2 times in front of everyone so what does she expect from me? Being all good. Forget everything about her. About us? Well no, i will never forget about anything she puts me through. Maybe i can make her life a little bit more adventurous. I smirked at my own thoughts and got up from my seat. I took my steps towards her which caused her to looked at me in pure shock. When she realised that I'm approaching her she started to backed up.
"What happened? Are you still afraid of me?" I asked while keep approaching her.
"N-no. N-not at a-all" she said
"Really? Seems like you are" i said
"W-what are you d-doing?" She asked.
I keep approaching her until her back hit the wall behind her and now she has no escape from me. I put my both hands on next to her head and leaned forward.
"Welcome back, Miss, Williams. I'm not going to be easy on you this time. Remember you're my secretary now, you have to do everything as I say and if you won't do it or question me i will fire you" i told her
She looked up at me and then back to the floor.
"I'm no more the previous Hunter anymore. I don't care about you at all, I don't care what you do. I don't care about anything related to you, all i care about is my work and if you failed in that I won't hesitate to kick you out from this place. So are you ready to work with me?" I asked
She think about for a bit and then nodded
"Words. Use your words Miss. Williams" i said
"Y-yess. S-sir" she said
"Good" i said and backed away from her.
She exhaled her breath which she was holding. I chuckled and get back to my seat while giving her some files related with the upcoming projects so that she can know about what's going on inside the company.
"These are the files for the company's upcoming project. Analyse them so you may know on which things you have to work on" i said handed her the data.
She took the files from my hand and ready to leave "Wait" i said
She stopped right in her tracks and turned around facing me.
"Don't tell anyone about our past. If things of our past come out in between my work I won't go easy on you. Forget about whatever happened in the past just like i did." I said and she nodded "You can go now" i said and she left quickly.
I don't know how i am going to work with her. I mean i hate her so much. I just hope this time my stupid heart will not fall for her. Cause every time i see her my heartbeats started to pace faster, no matter how much i tried to get o my mind off of her. She still have that effect on me which no one has. But I promise this time I won't let myself go weak. This time I won't let her win over me. I will not going to cross my limits this time. I don't care about her and I'm over with her now.
I shook my head from the thoughts of her and went back to my work.

Jennifer's POV
Go and tell Hunter that we have meeting at eleven. Alex told me and i nodded my head. I looked at my wrist watch and it's already 10:30 a.m. I hurried to his cabin informing him. I reached there and knocked.
"Come in" he said
"Sir, the meeting is going to held after half an hour. Alex told me to inform you and here are some important information related to the meeting" i said handing him the information.
He took the files from my hand and reading that, when i lost in my thoughts thinking that he became more handsome than before and the suits perfectly fit on him. His muscles are now more muscular than before. His jaws are more sharper than before and his lips are so perfect, plump and pink. I was so lost in my thoughts until he brings me out of my thoughts by saying
"It's not good to stare at" I quickly came back into my senses and looked down feeling little bit embarrassed that he caught me.
"Umm nothing. Sorry" I said
"I don't have time for your sorry. Go back to Alex and told me I'll be there in a minute" he said handed me the files back. I stood there waiting him to come with me cause it's only 15 minutes are left for the meeting. When he saw that I didn't move an inch from my place he raised his eyebrows and said "what are you waiting for? Get out" he said
Wtff! How rude he is sounding.
"It's only 15 minutes are left. I think you should come with me" i told him
"No need to tell me what i have to do. I know what I'm doing, so better not order me from next time. Now stop wasting my time and get out" he said so rudely.
I rolled my eyes at him and came out from his cabin. How could he treat me like that, like I know that we had a bad past but i think he's the one who told me that he forget about everything then why he's still treating me like a crap. I'm not here for that. I won't let him to disrespect me, but at the same time the thought of losing this job came into my mind which stop me to doing anything against him. "Oof! I hope i will make it right. Just please God help me in this" i mumbled and went back to the meeting room.