last one

Alyx

Fey's funeral was the first of many. Even with Divara's help, we lost five warriors. Watching Eli and Dimitri bury her was what broke me. Bane had to hold me what seemed like for hours until I could pull myself back together. Fey had been the glue that held everyone together, long before I ever came. The house seemed so dark, and quiet with her absence. It didn't feel right, living in the place she died. It felt so....cold.

Not today though,  today was going to be a good day, I told myself as the doctor rubbed the cold, ultrasound gel across the small bulge in my stomach. The Doc had assured me the baby was fine, but he was so tiny for five weeks. The malnourishment Kane put me through,  and the silver chains had affected the baby's growth.

I gripped Bane's hand nervously.  My teeth dug into my lower lip until I tasted the faint tint of iron.

Please be okay, baby. I can't handle anymore bad news.

The doctor's eyes scanned the screen calmly for what seemed like an eternity before a large smile lit up his face.

"The baby is perfectly fine, Luna Lykos. His growth rate seems to be back on track."

"His?" Bane's gripped tightened in shock.

"Yes, Alpha, forgive me. It's a boy."

Bane whooped before leaning down and kissing deeply. My face felt like it was cracking as my lips pulled up into a smile. It felt good to smile again. Smiling I held a hand over my stomach and looked back at the screen.

Yes, there will be a lot more smiling in the future.