14 He crossed the wrong line

Short Chapter

A smile spread across my face as Bane chased the twins around in the water. His black wolf weaved between them, splashing them with water. Both Eden and Aden giggled and shrieked as they got sprayed with droplets of water. Bane came racing up the small beach and scooped up his trunks before disappearing into the forest to shift.

His long strong arms wrapped around me when he returned and we both sat in silence, watching our pups have fun in the water.

Suddenly Bane took my hand in his and slipped a bright diamond ring on it. I recognized it from so many years ago. His mother's ring.

"I..."

"I took it off you before I left. I was going to give it back, the right way. But so many things came up, the twins, moving, your parents, work, there was never a good time....until now." I looked up at him in complete shock as he started down at me in complete seriousness.

"Alyxandria Grey Will you marry me?" I froze for a moment, unable to spit the Damn word out. My mouth finally opened just as a scream filled the air. "Eden!" Bane yelled running towards the lake. Three wolves were attacking my babies. The sight of teeth ripping into their skin turned my vision red.

My wolf burst through my body with vengeance.

I attacked the one holding Eden under water, ripping his throat out, dyeing the water red as his blood spilled from his gaping neck.

I couldn't control my rage. My wolf went into overdrive. I wanted...needed to kill them all. They would pay for touching my children. ..my pups.

My teeth and claws ripped into his pelt even after he was dead.

"Alyx, Alyx stop!" Bane yelled. I looked up from the carcass to my mate as he lifted our lifeless daughter out of the water. "Alyx, She needs your help.She needs her mommy right now." My body shook even after the shift and I reached for her.

"Is she..is my baby dead?" Eden's chest wasn't moving. She wasn't breathing. Everything around me began to crumble and I felt my insides begin to decay. My baby. My baby girl.

Suddenly her body jerked and water sprayed out of her mouth.

She's alive.

I curled around Eden on the bed. I watched her chest rise and fall steadily as if she was just sleeping. She was only sleeping, I told myself. Any minute now she would wake up, right?

I heard the door open and close as my mother brought in another tray of food. My eyes didn't stray from Eden as she set the food down on the table beside me.

"Alyx, I think it's a good time for you to shower, I'll watch her for you."

"I'm fine mother." My voice came out a little too harsh and I could almost see her flinch.

"Alyx, You need to get up, Eden isn't going anywhere and there's nothing you can do for her just laying there. Aden needs you. He needs his mommy too." The sound of my baby boy's name snapped me out of my trance. Aden.

Aden needed me.

Slowly I sat up and looked over at my mom. She looked better. Her cheeks were fuller, and her hair was no longer dull, and her eyes had a little spark in them. She was healing. And so would Eden.

"Go on, I'll call you if anything changes." I hugged her tightly and she just held me. "I love you mom."

"I love you too, baby." she said giving me a kiss on the forehead.

After showering and eating the food my mom had brought I went searching for Aden and Bane. It was dark out and the house was eerily quiet since everyone was asleep. The sound of the tv in the living room led me to where Bane and Aden had crashed on the couch.

Bane looked horrible, dark bags hung under his eyes, and a weeks worth of scruff lined his face. Both of them looked completely exhausted, and yet I've never seen them so close.

Gently I crawled onto Bane's lap and pulled Aden into the cradle of my arms. Instinctively Bane's arms wrapped around me tightly as I rested my head in the crook of his neck.

His mother's ring flashed brightly on my finger. His question came racing back to me and I smiled softly. "Yes." I whispered kissing his chin. "Yes, I'll marry you."