Chapter 2

"Are you not driving?" Mark look a puzzled look as I tried to make my way to the back seat with him. I was confused for one moment. Driving wasn't part of my job scope. Then I realized that there were only 2 of us here. I can't make him drive me right? I feel the blood rush to my face as I leaned over to help him buckle the seatbelt, hoping that it would get me out of this awkward situation," Of course sir, I am just checking if you have fastened your seatbelt."

He burst out laughing, making the situation even worse. I quickly shut the door close and made my way to the driver's seat. I winced internally, I have no driven for 4 years. The last time I drove was when I got my driver's license. I buckled my seatbelt and looked at the pedals. So which is the brake and which is the gas pedal again?

"Here's the key," Mark reached out from the back and I took the car key from him. I started the car engine. Yes, the first step to manoeuvring a car is to start the engine first. So which step is the next step now? I decided to switch the gear from P to D and pressed on the pedal which I think was the gas. I could hear the engine roaring but the car did not move much. I pressed even harder and I felt a tap on my shoulder," You haven't released the hand brake."

I felt another surge of embarrassment and quickly released the handbrake. I pressed the gas pedal again and the car just jolted forward.

"Gae sae kki (Son of a bitch) !" I yelled as I quickly switched the pedal to the brake and the car stopped abruptly. I bit my lip when I suddenly realized that I had just cursed in front of my boss.

"I think I better take the wheel," Mark mumbled. I looked at the back and he was holding onto the handgrips really tightly.

"It's okay. I just need a little more practice." I refused but he unbuckled his seatbelt and already made his way to the driver's door. He opened the door and gave me a "no-nonsense" look.

"I think I would rather that we make it to the place alive and on time." He replied and I closed my eyes, hoping that the embarrassment would go away.

"No, it would not go away," I heard Mark's reply and my eyes opened again," How did you know what I am saying?"

"It's written all over your face," He teased. I quickly unbuckled the seat belt and made my way to the back seat.

"Am I your driver?" Mark commented before I sat down. I blushed and made my way to the passenger seat instead," I'm so sorry. I know I should be driving but-"

Mark's hopeless expression just shut me up. He sighed and started to drive. The car was in silence and the awkward tension was real. I usually would have simply played my phone to drown the silence and pass time but my phone is still dead. Real update.

"So Miss Sorry, how old are you?" Mark suddenly asked to break the silence.

"22," I answered and the silence is here again.

"What were you doing before this?" He asked.

"I just graduated from Seoul University."

"Wow, what did you study?"

"Chemical Engineering," I answered and the silence returned for a few moments before Mark spoke again," Is this what a chemical engineer is supposed to do?"

"Sure," I answered sarcastically and Mark looked at me with a puzzled look.

"Hey! Look on the road." I immediately yelled and bit my lips again. How can I be so rude?

"Did you just drop the formal tone with me?" Mark asked and I instinctively tried to bow down to apologize. My head hit the car's compartment.

"Are you alright? Your head hit something for the third time already." Mark exclaimed and I groaned.