Chapter 14

*Trigger warning: Please skip this chapter if you get triggered by sexual violence, suicide and rape.*

After receiving the text from Hee Jun, I went to my closet and took out a random hoodie. I pulled it on and looked into the mirror. Not bothering to put on any makeup, I popped on my spectacles, took my phone and headed out of my room. Mark was still in the living room and he looked at me with a puzzled expression.

"Where are you heading to?" He asked as I put on my shoes.

"The rooftop." I answered and opened the door.

"For? It's already 11pm." He queried.

"Hee Jun asked me to meet up with him. We haven't met for a while. We'll just have a short catch up with each other." I answered. I'm not sure if I'm imagining things but his face darkened.

"Don't be back too late." He replied nonchalantly. I shrugged off the weird vibe which I am getting from him and nodded my head. I took my time and strolled to the elevator.

Once I reached the rooftop, I can feel the breeze hitting me. It was really smoothing.

"Hey Luna! Over here!" Hee Jun already looked half drunk. He passed me an open can of beer. I wanted to reject it because I didn't want to share saliva because of the Covid-19 issue but he insisted that I drink from that can. The pandemic has definitely educated me on the importance of personal hygiene but not on how to reject someone.

"Come on, are you not going to drink what your senior has offered you?" Hee Jun pouted. I heaved and gave in, taking a huge gulp. Boy, have I missed alcohol. Mark has not allowed me to have a single sip of alcohol ever since the first day I've moved in. I mean, I can't blame him. I really shouldn't be drinking on the job.

"How long has it been? Since we've last met?" Hee Jun suddenly asked. I leaned back onto the wall and looked up in the sky. It was bright and full of stars. I took another sip of the beer and let out a soft moan of satisfaction before replying him, "Two years."

"How have you been?" He asked and I looked at him. I gave him a smile, "Much better than before. What about you, what have you been up to?"

"I actually started my own business after I graduated. But it just couldn't raise up and be successful. Everything went under in the last few months. I've been working various jobs for some time now. And I'm so glad to be able to land on this job. It pays quite well." He answered and I nodded. I didn't know what to say. I'm not good at comforting people.

We spent 30 minutes talking about our future career pathways and reminiscence on the time we've spent together.

"Don't you miss the old times?" He asked as he leaned in closer and looked into my eyes. I felt a little uncomfortable by the proximity and moved a little backwards.

"Not really. It was the darkest era of my life. But I'm glad for all the support you have given me during that time." I faked a smile. He suddenly chuckled out of nowhere as he moved even closer to me. My back hit the wall and there was nowhere for me to back up already.

"Come on, you know that I didn't mean that. I meant the time you've slept together with me." He whispered by my ear. I bit my lip, a little pissed about how he kept on reminding me about it. It was ages ago.

I suddenly felt a sudden difficulty to breathe and my head getting drowsy.

Did that piece of shit drug me?

Fuck.

"I've got to go." I tried my luck and pushed him by his chest but to no avail. My arms were already losing strength and I could feel my lids getting heavy on me.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Why did I trust him again?

I suddenly remembered about our first time together. The same thing happened.

Fuck.

I was young and didn't realize that he drugged me.

Fuck.

Why am I so dumb to make the same mistake?

"Come on, don't be a tease." I could see him forming a grin as pulled up my hoodie to reveal my bra and the jeans I've been wearing underneath. Why I am so disgusted by that grin?

"Stop it." I mustered all the strength in me to yell. I will not cry. I can get out if this. He slapped me on the face and covered my mouth with a hand," Stop making a fuss bitch. You know you'll enjoy it. You enjoyed it before."

As much as I didn't want to break down, I could feel the tears forming in my eyes as soon as I heard what he have said. It made it seem as if I brought this upon myself.

I struggled to push him off my body but his strength overpowered me.

He began to unbutton my jeans and he pulled it off without any hesitation. I felt so helpless as his dirty hands fondled with my body.

I squirmed and twisted my body in every way that I could. To get out of his grip.

Seeing how much as I was resisting, he stopped touching me to give me another slap," Just let me get this over with bitch. What's the harm in getting fucked by me one more time when you have been fucked so many times? You were just a whore to begin with, messing around with a married man. I bet you slept with him for his money. Don't worry, I'll pay you once I'm done as well."

With that, I lost all will to resist anymore. I could feel darkness seeping in as I felt my panties being pulled off and my bra getting unhooked. I'll just kill myself once he's done with me. It's not that hard. I couldn't even feel what he was trying to do with me.

But before he had any chance to continue any further, he was suddenly thrown off from my exposed body and I felt so relieved that his weight was gone from me.

"What are you doing to her? You bastard?" I could hear punches being thrown but I just froze in the position that he left me in. I couldn't move at all.

I started to lose the strength to move my lids and I felt darkness seeping through me. Before I completely lost consciousness, I saw a very warm familiar face looking at me, filled with worry.

I thought for a few seconds before recognising this familiar being in front of me.

Mark.

He covered me up with the jacket that he had worn and carried me in his arms.

I released the breath I had been holding on and sniffed him. He smelled good.

And I lost consciousness.