Chapter 8

I am finally done. With this piece of shit. Wait, I take back my words. I literally spent more than 9 months to get it to this status today. So I think it should be my baby. I finally gave birth to this baby. I looked at the time, 8.30 am. I am so glad that I managed to pull this through. I had debated sleeping throughout the time I had been doing this and I went against it so that I can finish this nightmare. I took a quick bath before leaving the dorm. I emailed my lecturer to let her know that I will be there in 2 hours time, making sure that I have time to print and bind the thesis on campus.

I put on my air pods and played the Got7's new album Dye. Although I had been listening to it for many times now, it was still quite addictive. And to be honest, I didn't really get to appreciate the song while trying to ensure that the performance was going well. I really can't wait for Seung Hoon to get back. I know that I have mentioned this for many times already but I really enjoy the bliss when I didn't have much to do. Plus, Mark has been so considerate that my job scope is quite narrow.

When I finally made it to campus, I walked to the ICT laboratory to print out my thesis. Thank goodness my account was still active and working. I can feel the nostalgia hit being back on campus. To think that it was only last month when I was always in the laboratory until the wee hours of the morning. When it was finally printed, I binded it and went to my supervisor's desk to wait for her. While waiting for her, I decided to play on my phone, scrolling to social media.

"Isn't this the great Lee Luna?" I looked up and my face scrunched in disgust. It was my senior, David, who has always tried to hit on me. I was really not interested in him but he just couldn't take the hint. He is now pursuing his post graduate studies under Dr Jung as well.

"Don't just ignore me. I missed you so much. You should take up the postgraduate position and do your research with me." He whined and sat down beside me.

"Lee Luna," He called me again. He is the reason why I always ask people to call me Luna. I do not want to be reminded about him every time someone else calls me. I pretended to not hear him.

"I don't know why you are so proud. You are just another orphan. You should be proud that I am interested in you." He insulted and I looked up. He was really getting on my nerves.

"I bet no one is going to ever like you if they knew that your parents committed suicide because of a child like you. They just couldn't stand another minute tolerating you. You are such a cursed child." He continued to ramble and I started to hyperventilate. I tried to control my expression and not let a single tear drop from my face. I shall not show my vulnerable side to him. I stood up and wanted to get away from him. Before I could walk away, he grabbed onto my arm and stopped me.

"Why don't you just sleep with me for once? I swear I will be over you after that and you can live on with your measly life." He whispered by my ear. I was shocked at his suggestion. I pulled my hand out from his grip and gave him a slap on the face.

"You bitch," He yelled and raised his hand to hit me. I closed my eyes and waited for the impact, which never came.

"What do you think you are doing?" I heard a familiar voice and I opened my eyes. It was Mark. I felt a huge sense of relief once that I saw he was here.

"Who are you?" David was frustrated and glared at Mark. It didn't help that David was shorter than Mark. The glare didn't even make Mark flinch a little.

"Let's go." I muttered under my breath and grabbed Mark's arm. He was reluctant to go but I pulled him harder. He gave David another glare before going off with me. Just as we reached the entrance of the office, I saw Dr Jung. She smiled at me. I mustered everything in me to act as of nothing happened and passed her the thesis, " Thank you for your guidance all along."

"No problem Luna. I hope to see you again." She smiled and took the thesis. Then she saw Mark, " Oh my god! Are you Mark of GOT7? Why are you here? Can I have an autograph?"

I was shocked for a moment. I didn't know that Dr Jung was a fan of him.

"Are you guys dating?" Dr Jung looked at us and I immediately put down the hand which I was gripping on.

"I'm doing a contract job with JYP entertainment right now and I am working as his personal assistant." I replied. Mark gave her his signature and she looked so happy.

"Come back whenever you are free Luna, I will always welcome you." She replied and I nodded. I looked back and David was there, throwing daggers as us. I could see him mouthing the word bitch.

"Let's go." Mark said and took my hand. His palm engulfed over mine and he interlocked his fingers with mine. I was shocked at what he did but couldn't find anything to react before we exited campus. Realising the situation at hand, I immediately pulled out my hand, " Yah! What are you doing? What if other people take photos of us? And what are you doing here?"

To be honest, I was internally glad that he did that. Because if he didn't, I would have broken down by everything that David said. This actually gave me the distraction that I needed.

"Well, you sneaked out so early in the morning without me. I was worried you might faint and no one would realise it. So I followed you. But anyways who is that jerk? I really feel like beating him up. How can he be so outrageous, insulting you out of nowhere." He said with his brows furrowed. I never thought I would see Mark so angry.

"It's fine. I'm used to him already. He had always pestered me ever since I was in Year 2." I explained and took a seat on the bus stop.

"How can you be fine with it? You don't deserve such harassment, you should report him." Mark argued and the tears that I was holding back flowed out.

"I know, I know I should do that. But I don't know why I just can't do anything about it. I don't want to blow things out of proportion. I don't want other people to know that my parents died. I don't want the whole world to gossip about me. I don't know why he just can't leave me alone. I don't know why I feel so stupid. I always think back about our conversations and I know I can say something but I don't know why I just can't fight back. " I cried and complained. All the negative thoughts that I had been suppressing flowed out. It felt so good to finally say all this out loud. I had always felt vulnerable about this and never felt secure about talking about this with someone else. Not even So Eun. Maybe it was because I always had a strong exterior and it felt strange to let other people see my weak side. I don't know why I said it in front of Mark, a guy which I only met for more than a week. But something about him, makes me feel comfortable and safe.

"It's fine. It's fine. I'm sorry for poking at it." He pulled me in for a hug and patted my back gently. Just as I was about to stop crying, what he did and said just made me cry more.

"Luna, I'm sorry. Did I do anything wrong?" He sounded really anxious. I shook my head in his chest. It just felt so good to be comforted by someone.

"Luna, maybe you can stop crying already. Other people are starting to look at us. They are going to think that I cheated on you or something." He muttered. I take back my words, he was such a bad comforter. But I was still grateful for his presence. I leaned away from the hug and looked forward.

"Thank you for being here for me today." I said without looking at his eyes.

"No worries my little assistant. I will always be here for you." He answered and I could feel the warmth surging through me. I wished that time could just stop at this moment and never pass by.

 I wished that time could just stop at this moment and never pass by

To be continued