I'm Just Scared

After what seemed like forever the both of them were knocked out of their trance in each other at a light knock at the door. 

Bakugo looked at Todoroki as if to say,

No one knows I'm here.. don't let them know yet. 

Todoroki answered the knock, 

"Who is it?" 

A small voice from a certain green haired boy answered from behind the door. 

"It's Midoriya. I was just wondering where you have been Todoroki? You weren't in class yesterday." 

Todoroki sighed softly, 

"I haven't been feeling too well lately... but I should be back to class tomorrow."

 "Oh.. are you sure? I mean after what happened... I wouldn't think you would want to be back to school.." 

Todoroki gave Bakugo a confused who looked down at the ground.

"I think a distraction will be better than dwelling for a while.." He said still looking at Bakugo.

Deku gave a reassuring 'ok' before walking away from the door and Todoroki looked at Bakugo who was nervously chewing on his bottom lip.

"What does he mean what happened....?"

"Um.. well.. your.. your dad.. was murdered.." 

Todoroki looked at Bakugo mouth open as if he didn't believe what he heard. He took a moment and processed what he had just been told, his head swimming in thoughts. 

My father.. is dead??? How did this happen... and who did it... What the hell is going on.. I don't understand.. why is Bakugo acting so nervous anyway.. its not like--- wait...

"Bakugo... did... did you have something to do with his death?"

"I-" 

He stopped mid-sentence and looked at the floor as if it were the most interesting thing he had ever seen.

"Bakugo.. answer me.."

"Y-yes.. I did."

Todoroki said nothing as a sinking feeling overtook his stomach. He stayed this way before a sudden fear took over him. 

If Bakugo killed my father.. what would stop him from killing me?? 

Hesitantly Todoroki backed away from Bakugo.

"Babe...?" He asked confused.

The fear was showing through his eyes as he and Bakugo made eye contact. Bakugo felt as if a pressure was suddenly added to his chest as he saw the fear in Shotos eyes. 

"I... I'm not m-mad.." 

His voice was quivering and he started to tremble as if he were scared Bakugo would kill him if he said the wrong thing.

"Oh.. Well.. Then why are you backing away?"

"I-I'm scared.."

"Of me?" 

Todoroki flinched away at these words and closed his eyes as if he were awaiting being struck by Bakugo as he nodded slightly.

"I... I'm sorry.. I shouldn't have done that.. oh god.. I murdered him.. I.. I can't.. I'm sorry.. you probably hate me.. and you're scared.. I.. I don't know.." Bakugo rambled on. 

An uncomfortable silence took over the pair. Bakugo tried to say something but the words were lost in his mouth. 

Todoroki sat and brought his knees up to his chest a familiar stinging came to his eyes. He turned away from Bakugo unable to stop the tears, his whole body was trembling his shoulders heaving up and down from his ragged breathing. 

Bakugo watched him and moved closer lightly putting a hand on his boyfriends shoulder. Todoroki looked at Bakugo and flinched away from his hand, Bakugo quickly drew his hand back looking hurt. 

 The sudden realization hit Todoroki like a truck and he moved closer to Bakugo and hugging him tightly

"I'm.. so sorry.. Bakugo.. I know you wouldn't hurt me.. I can't help it.." 

Bakugo hugged Todoroki back just as tight. 

"No.. baby.. don't apologize... I get why your scared.. don't be sorry.." 

Todoroki shook and gripped Bakugo tightly, crying harder than Bakugo has ever seen. He didn't say anything more, he just held to him and rubbed light circles on his back trying to calm him the best he could. 

He was unsure of what to do, for he has never really been the best at comforting when something like this happens. 

But he held to Todoroki anyway and refused to let go. Todorokis breath soon came back to normal and his trembling had ceased, his grip on Bakugo however remained. 

Although he knew that it probably wouldn't be a good thing. He felt an uncontrollable sense of calm with Bakugo, he felt safe, Bakugo felt like home.