i guess this is an author's note

Hello lovely people.

It's the end. That was it. Yep.

I'm so so so SO grateful to all you who voted and commented on my story, it means a lot. Please continue to support your favorite authors, it makes their day.

Now for the real stuff. This story is absolute bullshit in some ways. Yeah, that escalated quickly, I know.

I'm sure there are plot holes and inconsistencies in characters and all that jazz, but I'm still proud of this story no matter what. Dudes, this is my first story that I've stuck with for more than three chapters! That is a monumental improvement! Even if this story is sloppy and needs work, I'm putting it away. I'm done here. This is it.

Ben and Ira are together. Celeste and Bailey are together. Loose ends are tied up (I think). I'm going to move on knowing that this story is a warm-up for me.

Yeah, bitches.

You read that right.

A warm-up.

This 25-chapter story WASN'T EVEN MEANT TO BE A WHOLE ASS STORY MY DUDES.

This story was birthed from a Pinterest pin that went something like this:

Put your playlist on shuffle. The first song is your protagonist. Your second song is your antagonist. Your third song is their relationship.

This story was made from that. Yeah.

Ben was created from the song Let Me Down Slowly by Alec Benjamin. Ira's song is original me by YUNGBLUD. The plot is Trapdoor by Twenty Øne Piløts. This story was supposed to be a fun exercise. It's mind-blowing how far it's come to be the first long story I've finished.

And now I have new ideas and new tricks to keep me motivated.

Now, addressing in more detail the "warm-up" thing. I consider this story to be a warm up because it was intended to show me the reigns of Wattpad and give me a better grasp on my own writing and motivation for writing. It's my 'let's feel this out first' story before I get into the big leagues of my story writing.

And y'all.

I have some good shit planned.

Or I hope it's good shit.

It's definitely going to be harder to write, so I'm going to take some time to plan out the full plot and finish part three of the Echo trilogy on Potluck.

I'm telling you, it is completely okay if you weren't a fan of this story. It's not the best I can do, I assure you.

I have one more extremely important thing to say before I finish this up. Ira's relationship with Ben is not necessarily healthy. Yeah, I said it. Ira mentally abused Ben. Although I gave him a redemption arc saying he didn't want to do it and went back through every chapter so he didn't actually beat up Ben, Ira is still not completely forgiven. This is abusive, and although it works out in the end, keep in mind that THIS IS A STORY. THIS KIND OF BULLYING AND AUTOMATIC FORGIVENESS IS NOT OKAY IN THE SLIGHTEST. Ira is okay now, but he has to live with the weight of his past. I am not going to romanticize abusive relationships even though this is a romance story.

If you enjoyed this story, please support me by dropping a vote. I'll be back to drop one last chapter, which will be a playlist for We're Okay. I'm really into music mixed into my writing, and it inspires me to write so I hope you enjoy the playlist.

Until next time, stay healthy and safe.

But most importantly, stay lovely.