Chapter 3

Quick note: This evening, I will be picking the people that have asked to become characters in this book!

It has been a long and very interesting process and I wish you guys the best of luck.

Thank you to all of you that got involved.

~ NJNJ14.
^^^

Violet Ankamah's POV.

"Yes dad. I'll be there. I have to talk to the family anyway." I say to my dad on the phone.

"Okay baby girl. I'll see you there. Your mama is making our favorite dessert this time!" He says excitedly, making me smile.

Even on a shitty day, my dad can always make me smile.

"Oh and bring my son in law too! We'll save him a plate okay?" My dad says.

I feel my body freeze.

Poor dad.

He's going to be crushed when I tell him!

I sigh.

"I'll see what I can do" I lie, feeling bad.

Zahair will not be anywhere near my family home today or ever again!

"I love you princess" my dad tells me.

"I love you too old man" I say fondly.

He cuts the call and I switch my phone off, ready to get back into business mode.

I've buried myself in work all day to keep myself distracted.

An uncertain knock sounds on my door, drawing my eyes away from the stacks of paper on my desk.

I look up.

"Come in" I say.

My door opens and my heart sinks to my shoes when I see who is standing there.

Kayla.

Her eyes are puffy and red.

She looks like she has been crying and she hasn't had a wink of sleep.

I take in the rest of her appearance.

Her polar neck top is worn high in an attempt to hide the love bites on her neck and a pound of makeup sits on her face.

"C-can we talk?" She asks timidly.

"Sit down" I tell her cooly.

She walks up to my desk and she sits on the opposite side, shifting about awkwardly, pulling at the hem of her skirt.

I put my pen down and look at her straight in her face.

There is a silence.

"I'm listening. Speak" I tell her.

She flinches at my tone.

"Violet, I am so sorry!" She says.

I sit back in my chair.

"What would you like me to do with that information?" I ask, cocking my head to the side, intensifying my gaze.

She looks me in the eyes, her own, becoming watery.

"I didn't mean to sleep with him, I swear! It just happened! I'm telling you, we- "

"Stop" I clip.

I rub my temples with my fingers.

"I have already heard this bleak and 2 dimensional bullshit from Zahair. What makes you think I want to hear it again?" I ask, in a cold tone.

She stares at me silently, her body shaking with fear.