Chapter 14

This one is for Missthang02 who was awesome and had a tonne of enthusiasm and ideas to give me for her character. She went heavy on the description and gave me a lot to work with. Thank you hun and I hope you like the chapter.

Also! Make sure to look out for any new names in this chapter! They are the names of some of the new characters! Of course the people will get their shout outs in due time.

If you don't see your character name, don't stress. The process of new characters takes a lot of time and effort.

So relax, sit back and enjoy the book.
                             ***

Orion Miller's POV.

"Rion! Stop daydreaming!" A voice in front of me calls.

I snap out of my dazed thoughts of a particular doctor, and I look at the source of the voice.

I smile when I see the light scowl on my colleague and best friend, Yvonne's face.

^^ Yvonne Khalid

^^ Yvonne Khalid.

About 5'8, Yvonne is a very pretty woman. She's brown skinned with a body and legs for days!

Like me, she's an account.

But she's very cold sometimes, and when you get to know her, you know the hard exterior is just a front, because she doesn't trust people easily at all.

She and her boyfriend, just happen to both be like that, and that tends to complicate things, but we all know they still love each other.

They just won't admit it.

"What's wrong with you, boy? You've been daydreaming like crazy these past few days, are you good?" She asks.

I'm just about to answer, when she cuts in.

"Is it Layla or Asiya? Is it Aaliyah? Do I need to call up the boys?" She asks, looking me straight in the eyes as she refers to both of my sisters as well as my baby girl.

I chuckle and shake my head.

"Nah, it's nothing like that." I say, laughing.

"If it was about my family, you know I'd be a lot more irritable" I tell her.

She nods.

"True. You can tell me over lunch. I'll pay this time" she says, shutting the folder I'm writing in.

"Von. I was writing in that." I sigh at my best friend.

"Now we're going to get food. Or do you want me to tell moms you're not eating?" She asks.

I glare at her.

"My mom or yours?" I ask, tentatively.

Both would whoop my ass.