Chapter 17

^^ Lotto Boyz- Unfinished business.

***

Orion Miller's POV.

"Is that Violet?" I ask, muttering to myself.

I am scrolling through my Twitter time line, and a video labelled 'Grocery Doctor' is trending.

A video of Violet is on there. She looks focused.

Some words are exchanged between her and an angry looking woman, but Violet looks completely composed.

She returns her gaze to the man on the floor and she grabs a bottle of Wray and Nephews, pouring it on her hands.

I watch the rest of the video, amazed with the amount of speed that she's working with.

I grin to myself.

She's a hard worker.

I like that a lot about her.

I pocket my phone and I look through my grocery list to make sure that I have everything I need for tonight.

It's my date with Violet, and I'm a little excited.

I sit in my car, with my bag of groceries and I turn the engine on.

I just dropped Aaliyah off at her mother's house, after collecting her from school, so I have the night to myself.

I go home and I set out the plan I'm going to use to cook.

In my head, cooking is a life skill.

You should be able to do it whether you are a man or a woman.

However, not all of society would agree with me on that.

Maybe she likes a man that cooks?

I shake it off and I get to work, preparing what we're going to eat this evening.

She will be here soon.
                                                   ***

Violet Ankamah's POV.

"Fido I'll be back I promise!" I pout at my dachshund dog, who sits curled in my lap, whimpering.

Clingy ass.

"Baby, we do this every day" I protest, looking into his big brown eyes.

He licks my hand affectionately.

I sigh.

Time to bribe him.

I get up while holding him and I fill his bowl to the brim with dog food.

"See? I do love you" I tell him.

He scrambles to the ground, his eyes having seen the food and he barks happily.

I smile down at him.

"Fatass" I say.

He ignores me.

I was thinking of getting him a friend, now that Zahair is gone.

I'll look through the animal shelter later.

I wash my hands and I get rid of the dog hairs on my clothes, before I walk to the front door.

"Fido, I'm going!" I yell.

He barks in response.

"If you need to take a shit, go into the garden this time!" I call.

And with that, I walk out of the door, closing it and locking it after me.