Chapter 41

Violet Ankamah's POV

"Trinity. You are doing so well. Just keep breathing" I coax.

"Violet is hurts!" She groans, tears slipping out of her eyes.

I went to check on them, when I heard a sharp yell.

Upon hearing the door close, Aaliyah ran up to me saying that 'mommy peed herself'.

But she looked like a scared little deer.

The baby is early.

I stroke her hair and I look at the midwife, giving her a nod.

"Okay Mrs Chu. You're at 10 centimetres. I am going to need you to push!" She says.

"Argh!" Trinity yells, gripping my hand for dear life.

I don't flinch.

If I show pain, she'll panic some more.

"Where... is.. Josiah?" She asks.

I look into her face, beads of sweat on her forehead.

"He's outside looking after Aaliyah." I tell her.

"Get him in here. Take care of Aaliy" she says.

I nod, pulling away from her and taking of my gloves to look at Dr Yussef.

I nod at him to take over.

Because I'm good friends with Trinity, I'm not allowed to be in here as her doctor.

"I'll get Josiah in here right away." I tell her.

I walk out of the room to see Josiah sitting down with Aaliyah next to him.

He looks ready to pass out.

"Josiah, Trin needs you in there" I tell him.

As if breaking him out of a trance, h stares at me as if seeing me for the first time.

"Vi, I'm scared" he says.

I put a hand on his shoulder and I make sure that Aaliyah is occupied with the tablet and headphones.

"Josiah, nobody is ever 'ready' to be a parent. But this short time, will set the foundation for a lifetime. I'd be a shitty friend if I allowed you to miss it. Get ya ass in there. You're bout to be a dad." I say, psyching him out.

He takes a deep breath.

"Thank you Vi. You're right. I was ready when I married her. I was ready when we laid together. And I have to be ready now. Like it or not" he says.

I nod, giving his back an encouraging slap.

He takes my hand.

"You're gonna be an amazing mom one day" he says warmly.

I feel my smile crack a little, but I hide it easily.

Time to change the subject.

"I'm gonna distract Aaliyah with some ice cream and crepes. By the looks of it, you'll be in there for a while" I tell him, with a little wink.

His eyes widen and he rushes into the hospital room.

Twins!

I caught a glimpse of the scan and I saw that one seemed to be slightly tucked in behind the other.

And after 7 years of doing such things, I spotted it easily.

I turn to Aaliyah, scooping her out of the chair and putting the tablet and headphones into her backpack.