Chapter 48

Violet Ankamah's POV.

"Baby, they will love you, I promise!" I say, pep talking my boyfriend in the car.

He clutches the pot of puff-puff he made this morning to his chest.

He suggested that I leave Fido with Aaliyah since she loves him so much and Trinity seemed happy enough.

"I can't do this" he flips out.

I stroke his face lovingly.

"Don't freak out, babe. The quicker we're in the house, the quicker the introductions will go and we can get settled in for the night." I tell him.

He takes a deep breath, then let's it out.

"Okay we can do this." He says.

I nod and get out of the car.

He also, gets out of the car and as I walk past him, he glances down at me and his eyes rove over my for for the first time today.

^^ Violet's fit

^^ Violet's fit.

"You look real fuckin good in that, you know" he comments, dragging his tongue over his lips a little.

"Language, Mr Miller!" I gasp, teasing him.

He chuckles softly.

"Just take the damn compliment" he says, and he uses his free hand to lightly swat my backside, clearly unable to help himself.

I grin at him and I pull him up the front door.

I knock loudly twice.

The door opens and Te'Ariya stands there with a big smile on her face.

"Vi!" She greets giving me a hug.

I hug her back.

She then turns to Orion.

"It's good to see you again!" She tells him, giving him a gentle side hug, because his arms are full.

"Likewise" he responds with a smile.

She lets us in and directs him to the kitchen.

While he walks in front of us, she gives me a cat-like grin.

I feel myself flush under her stare.

I walk into the kitchen to find Orion chatting amicably with Khyri and my mother, having greeted them.

My mum noticed me and she immediately comes to greet me, hugging me tightly and kissing my cheek.

I hug her back and she thanks Orion for the dessert, clearly very impressed.

I give him a subtle glance and he flusters up.

We go to meet my dad next and he stands up, clapping my boyfriend on the back, happy to finally meet him.