Chapter 20

Hey all! Just a fair bit of warning, that some parts may trigger some people. I just wanted to open up a little and talk about a few of the struggles I faced with my body image, through Violet.

I hope this helps someone to know that they're beautiful the way they are. Don't let society, or even friends and family tell you that you aren't beautiful.

You are.

Your face. Your hair. Your body. Your skin. Your smile. Your adorable laugh. Your little quirks. Even your mood swings.

This is why I make books like this.

For you guys to see how I feel.

So you can be yourself. So if you need to talk to me, I'm here. And if you don't, I'll be here when you're ready.

You are fearfully and wonderfully made.

***

Violet Ankamah's POV.

"Would you calm down?!" I chastise.

Kea and Te'Ariya both sit on my bed, giggling like school girls.

"What do you think of this one?" I ask them.

They nod.

"Where are you taking him again?" Kea asks, scooping up some cereal from a bowl.

"There's a carnival in town. I thought it would be cute for us to check it out" I say, slipping into my clothes.

"That's so cute!" Te'Ariya gushes.

"Yeah, inshallah your date goes well" Kea says, with a smile.

"What's your plan?" Te'Ariya asks, eating some more fruit.

I look in the mirror as I speak.

^^ Violet's fit

^^ Violet's fit.

"Make him sweat" I say, with a smirk.

"That outfit ought to do it" Kea says and I chuckle.

I nod.

I worked very hard to get this body. And I worked hard to keep it too.

The change in the diet plan, so I could gain the weight, which felt impossible at the time.

The vigorous gym sessions, so that I could turn the weight gain into muscle, and curves.

The amount of times I looked in the mirror, and I cried, because I felt like shit.

The makeovers and constant look changes while I tried to find myself.

The makeup I learnt how to do, so make myself feel validated.

The amount of times I sat down in the shower, unable to tell the difference between the water and my tears, both of them stinging my eyes.

The perms.