Chapter 58

Okay so as some of you may be aware, Violets Are Blue, is soon coming to an end!

All big the pleasantries will be done at the very end, but there is something I wanted to address!

So I realised, quite a few of you were asking for a scene where there was a misunderstanding between Violet and Orion...

And for this book, I don't think I'll do that.

If any of you have read my other books... from:
Adeline and Matéo
Léonardo and Dana
Jayla and Luis
To Temah and Douglas...

We can all agree that they've had some pretty toxic arguments to last them a lifetime.

I just wanted a book to prove that relationships can happen without the presence of ground breaking arguments. Make sense?

Whether I create a book two or not, is another thing, but I don't know.

I'll keep you posted.
***

Violet Ankamah's POV

"Aw, Genesis, you and Christian didn't have to do this!" I say, smiling up at my assistant.

She has just walked into my office with a bunch of flowers with my name on it from her and Christian.

The team including some of the junior doctors surprised me with an array of cards and little gifts also to say happy birthday to me.

"Well I'm really grateful for the opportunity you gave me and Christian adores you too." She says with a big smile.

I get up and I give her a gentle hug to thank her.

I pull away first and I pack up my stuff, ready to load them into my car.

The working day was great!

I never really celebrate my birthday, so this was nice.

I got a nice call from my parents this morning too, telling me how proud they are of me and how far I've come.

Doctor Bader and his wife as per usual went over the top and sent me new clothes and shoes straight to my house for me to open later and I got some gifts from Don Matéo and his wife Adeline, as well as Don Léonardo and Don Jayla.

I get home and unload my car, walking to my house happily.

I manage to fish out my keys and unlock the door, taking off my shoes and I go straight to the kitchen, humming happily.

I go still, when I hear movement coming from the living room.

I drop the stuff and I brownie walk to the living room, snapping the lights on.

"Surprise!"

My jaw drops.

The boys from martial arts, Trinity, Josiah, Aaliyah, Yvonne and Maurelo as well as Kea and my whole family are in my living room!

They all start to sing 'happy birthday' to me as loudly as they can and when they are done, Aaliyah runs up to me and I pick her up, hugging her tightly.

"Happy birthday mamma" she says burying her face in my shoulder, her usual sign of affection.

Tears immediately fill my eyes and I hug her tightly.

"Thank you baby girl" I say softly.

She points to a tray of cupcakes, with an ironic swirl of violet coloured icing on the top.