Chapter 10

Orion Miller's POV.

"Dad, you're doing it all wrong!"

I sigh.

"Hold still baby girl. You'll like it once I'm done and I'll even use all the bows you like, igh?" I say gently, taking the hairpins out my mouth and placing them in my daughter's hair.

"Igh" she responds, looking back at her reflection.

I smile at how much she sounds like me.

"Dad, we'll be late!" She says, snapping me out of my daze and I chuckle.

"Face ya front" I tell her.

I look at us once again and I continue doing my child's hair.
I finally tie it up and I add the hair clips and we are done!

"Baby girl. You're done. Go get your shoes on" I say, helping her down from the high chair.

She looks in the full length mirror.

^^Aaliyah Miller- Otieno

"Thank you daddy. I like it" she says, looking up at me with a big grin.

"You're welcome baby" I say, cleaning up the bathroom counter of the several products and hair tools, as I like to call them.

She's just about to rush out, when I call her back.

"Aaliyah!" I call.

She comes back and stands in front of me.

"You forgetting something?" I ask her.

Her eyes widen as she thinks about it.

"Daily confirmation!" She gasps, raising her arms up to be picked up.

My heart swells with pride.

That's my girl.

I pick her up so that we are at eye level.

I won't talk down to my daughter.

"Your name is..." I start.

"Aaliyah Afia Miller Otieno" she responds with a big smile.

"Your name means..." I continue.

"The Hebrew word for 'ascend'. Which means I strive for God and to do my best in everything!" She says.

I grin.

"Exactly. Your dark skin is..."

"Beautiful! A gift from God no matter what any male, female or individual has to say!" She finishes.

"Good job!" I respond, hugging her and kissing all over her face, making her giggle.

"Dadddd! Stop! We will be late!" She tells me.

"Li'l girl I'm your old man! I gotta show you affection before one of these stupid li'l boys does it first!" I say, my tone playful, but not replacing my inevitable fear.