Chapter 13

Violet Ankamah's POV.

"Why did I agree to this?!" I hyperventilate, to Jayden, over the phone.

He's back at his home now, so I couldn't even drive and ask him for help.

Jayden chuckles softly on the line.

"You so need to get laid, sis." He says, making me flush.

"Jayden, be serious!" I snap.

He chuckled once again.

"So run me through your game plan again?" He says.

I sit up, sheets, strewn around my legs on my living room, from work.

"I need to make this as unromantic as humanly possible!" I declare.

Jayden cackles and if he was in front of me, a pillow would be in his face by now.

"Jayden!" I say.

He calms down and his tone softens.

"Look, Blue" he says, using his nickname for me.

I roll my eyes at the colour oriented nickname.

"You're beautiful. We come from a family of good looking people. If you really want this man, who is clearly as attracted to you as you are to him, not to take it there, then you gotta work hella hard." Jayden tells me.

"What do I do?" I ask, looking at my watch.

He'll be here soon.

"You gotta treat him like you treat me. Or Khyri. Like a brother. That should turn him off real quick." Jayden says and I can almost hear the shrug in his voice.

"See I knew there was a reason why the FBI hired you" I tease and he gives me a sarcastic laugh.

"What, you want me to run a background check on ya boyyfrienddd?" He asks, dragging out boyfriend for entirely too long.

I roll my eyes and scoff.

"Bye Jayden." I say.

"Good luck on ya date. And don't forget to use protec-"

I cut the call, and just as I do, the doorbell rings.

My heart rate spikes and I immediately stand up, feeling lightheaded.

He's here!

Don't mess this up Violet.

You're a doctor.

The head of Surgery in one of the areas major hospitals.

You don't crack under the competition of a male!

I stand upright, having pep-talked myself up, and I march to my front door.

I fling it open and all of a sudden, the oxygen that is needed for the brain to function, is suddenly nil.

Orion.

Built like the Ancient Greek hunter himself, the accountant stands at my doorframe, leaning on it, with a bunch of purple daisies in his hand.

His smile knocks the wind out of me, and his eyes fall over my fit.

I wear an oversized grey sweatshirt, with 'Gon and Killua' from: 'HunterxHunter' on the front of it.

I also wear a pair of baggy grey sweatpants, with my hair in a larg puff atop my head.

He gives me a smile.

"You gonna keep me outside in the cold, Miss Violet?" He asks me.

I snap out of my daze and I greet him, letting him inside.