Chapter 8 - Welcome Aboard.

"A-agent?" you gasp, staring at the man.

He grins, baring his teeth, and nods. "More like...assassin. And if you agree, we've already got a mission lined up for you. Course, you're gonna need training. And lots of it. But that ain't important right now."

You stare at the floor, blinking back tears. "The last week has been hell. But...before it wasn't much better." You look up at him. "You're right. I don't have a purpose. And I need one fast. So..." you take a deep breath. "If you're really sure that it will be the best decision I ever made..." you look at him.

"I am," he confirms.

"Well..." you take another deep breath, and slowly reach out to shake his hand. "I guess I accept."

"I'm glad to hear it," smiling warmly for the first time. He takes off his glasses, so you can see his whole face, and shakes your hand back. 'Welcome to Shadow."

You smile, surprise at how quickly your life has changed. Then there is a knock at the door. "Come in," Brutus announces.

A henchman walks in, and nods at the both of us. "Mister Brutus. Agent Y/N, welcome to Shadow." He holds up a cardboard box, overflowing with dvds, expensive looking headphones, a gaming console, and so much other stuff that I just stared. 

"Things for Agent Y/N," the henchman says, and holds out the box. "We've got about 10 more boxes for you in the back."

You take the box with trembling hands. "These are all lovely things," you admire, stroking the headphones. You look at the henchman sadly. "But I cannot accept. These aren't mine. There has obviously been a mixup."

The henchman shakes his head. "But they are yours, Agent Y/N. Compliments of Shadow," he explains. "If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask." He nods, and then leaves. 

I look up at Brutus, who nods.

"You are free to go, Y/N." He passes me a keycard. "This works for your bedroom, the agent common room, and the agent entertainment lounge."

"Thank you so-"

"You're the one doing us a favour, Y/N." he nods at the door. "Close the door on your way out.  Oh, and briefing will begin tomorrow. If you have any questions, please speak to my most recommended Shadow Agent, TNTina. She recently joined us. You're dismissed. "

You leave the room, closing the door behind you.