Chapter 4 - On The Run

You don't know what the time is, but it's definitely night. You glance up to the sky, and, without warning, suddenly feel such a strong sense of déjà vu that you slam to a stop. It's hard to believe that, less than an hour ago, you were here, on these very streets, looking up at the stars on this very night. You let a smile creep across your face. You really thought your life was so terrible then, and yet you'd given anything, anything to trade places with that scared little girl right now. Because you didn't feel scared anymore. You felt ready. You felt right. 

I should've done this a long time ago. 

You're surprise at how elated murder makes you feel, but honestly? You don't care. You don't care about anything any more, you think, as you run through a dark alley, checking behind you for potential threats. Like cops. As you start to run, you realise you are truly free, and you realise that staying out past home curfew on a roof top is nothing, nothing compared to this. Wow. Because the feeling just gets better and better and better. You're on top of the world. Smiling from ear to ear, you do a couple of backflips and somersaults, and start laughing uncontrollably, rolling around on the floor and chuckling. But, like you said earlier that night, all good things must come to an end. Your smile fades as you realise that you're face a life sentence in jail for murder. So you can't get caught. You absolutely mustn't get caught. 

Murder. 

It's a harsh word, isn't it? Your smile disappears completely as you think of your family. Your sisters. your brothers. What will your mum tell them when they ask where their daddy is? 

He's dead because your sister murdered him in cold blood. 

You knuckle your eyes, forcing yourself to think straight . Think. Think. Think.

You realise that, soon, everyones gonna be after you. The cops are gonna be after you. The public are gonna be after you. The bounty hunters (whoever the hell they are) are gonna be after you. The whole worlds gonna be after you.

But at least I'm a good runner.