Chapter 11

Olivia POV

I was staring at the necklace (my mother's necklace) . It's the only thing I have left of hers that want taken away from me or broken by Isabella.

I have never opened it. I knew it was a locket, of course I did. I also knew the reason why I never opened it. Scared to see the face of my mother and the person that gave this to her. There was no doubt that it must have been given to her by her family.

There were initials underneath each photo. Quite small, but you could just about make the out.

'Z.S' Now how on earth am I meant to figure that one out.

"It's been tough at the moment, how has school been kiddo?"

"It's been good, I might have a new friend." I said, thinking if Petrova heard me say that she would probably throttle me, "But yeah still good all the good grades."

"That's good to hear," he said, offering me a gentle smile.

"Um uncle..."

"Yes..?"

"I was wondering if we could have the talk?" i said with nervousness

"Oh well, the birds and the bee-"

"No, no, NO! That's not what I meant," I said, trying to hide my laughter, "I was wondering if you knew anything about this man and my mum." I asked him, holding up my locket with the photos in.

I could see tears starting to fill his eyes as he took the locket from my hands carefully. Definitely was my mother.

"That's your mum alright. I'm surprised you finally opened the locket. I was hoping this talk could have been avoided for a few years." He replied, sitting next to me.

"I know it's hard for you Uncle Charlie," I said , taking a deep breath, "But I need to know. Is that man my father? Where is he? Did he not want me?" Just like that the flood gates were open, tears ran down my cheeks. I felt Charlie wrap his arms around me.

"Shhhh, it's alright," I could hear his voice shaking, "So these people are indeed your parents and they loved you so much. I remember when you were born Charlotte said you were going to be special. The amount of love she held in her eyes could not be explained. Your father is indeed the gentleman. Now I'm gonna be honest with you. I don't really know alot about him, but I know that your Mum and him were so in love but I don't even remember his name. But when your mother was alive they had a place up in Mystic Falls. But you are not allowed to go anywhere near that place until you are of age."

Words could not describe how I felt. I could tell that Charlie felt somewhat drained from our conversation. Charlie got up from his chair and went up into his room, knowing I would need to be alone to process this new information. A father, I had a father. Granted he probably didn't know that I even existed but I had one.

I knew I had to find my way to Mystic Falls somehow. But how or when is the real question. I need more information about my family but Charlie most likely doesn't have any more information due to the fact he doesn't seem to have the best relationship to my 'Father'. I just need to find the right person to help me.