'83

November 6, 1983

Jonathan's Pov.

It was a Sunday late night. I took an extra shift to cover for a co-worker, a friend. Worked for the extra cash to help out my family.

As time passes, I thought about some things. Well, someone. You might be thinking that it is a love interest. Well, it's not. It's a long lost family member.

Her name is Rene. My twin sister.

Rene went missing years ago. We were six years old, a day before our seventh birthday. It was never the same without her. Lonnie and my mom were always fighting more since then. Lonnie insisting that she was dead and Mom believing that Rene was still out there. Eventually Lonnie brutally lashed out saying it was my mom's fault, mine too. When he left, Mom blamed herself for losing Rene. She did her best to keep Will and I safe, and to search for her with everything she had.

I sighed as I looked at the clock on the wall. Work is almost over.

Third Person Pov.

Will ran to his family's home after leaving his bike in the woods by Mirkwood. He was scared out of his mind. Something was chasing after the boy.

Will opened the door and ran inside, locking it. He called out for Joyce and Jonathan, to no avail. He quickly ran to the telephone. Will heard strange noises outside the house which spooked him even more. Will wished that his sister was here to protect him.

Running to the shed, he took a rifle and loaded it. Aiming at the door, noises came from behind him and he faced towards them.

The light flickered and Will was gone.

_

This is a short chapter! The next chapters are going to be longer. Thank you if you read this! I love you all.

angi