Visit

deleted scene
(after the mind flayer)

It was Wednesday. The leaves from the trees fell onto the ground, of course since it was autumn. November 7, 1984, two of the Byers-Mendoza family were at home. Joyce was given a day off for rest with full pay. Jon was at the Wheeler's home. Will was in the living room, sketching on the special paper his sister had gave him as a gift for his thirteenth birthday. Teresa was doing business close by. Rene went out for a stroll because she needed some air and time to think about stuff. She was still upset with Billy, and avoided him for quite sometime.

She walked by. The teen stopped in her tracks and turned to the sight.

It was a small park. And not just any park, it was the park where she was taken away from her mother and brothers. Rene never really had the time to think much about that day. What happened and what could have happened. For some odd reason, the scenery was vividly green, and it was that time of year. She eyed a figure. It was a little girl playing in the sandbox. She had light natural, curly dark drown locks and pale skin. The girl locked eyes with Byers.

She smiled softly at Rae. She returned it. And everything slowed down, people walking by, mind their own business.

Two figures approached her. Soon, she could see that it was a man and a boy. The little girl ran over to Rene with something in her hand, the two males followed behind her. The man had blue eyes as well as the boy, the man's son. The little girl, Judith, placed something into her hand.

They spoke for a good while.

"It's nice meeting you, Rene." Carl, the long haired boy said with a smile. Rick picked up his daughter, "We have to get going. We live on 2945 Cherry Lane, you're always welcomed to visit, Rae." He said. Rae smiled, agreeing that she'll see them soon. "Bye, bye!" Little Judith chimed. They walked down the road, waving at her.

Rene then turned to the park.

Maybe. Maybe, good can really come from bad.

Rae looked down at her hand and saw a flower. A cherokee rose.

She looked up and the park was filled with wonder, no more silhouettes.

With a final smile, she walked to find Billy, Lucas, Max and Steve. To fix what had been damaged.