☆彡4 ☆彡

3 Years passed since that day. Mom trained me  how to use breath of flower. I even got to borrow her sword. Her sword was beautiful and so graceful. It suits her so well.

I learned all of the forms, and mom even taught me how to use full focus breathing

I learned all of the forms, and mom even taught me how to use full focus breathing. My my it was so hard, I wanted to breathe normally so bad, and to even do it while asleep? That's so hard. But I mastered it, and some demon slayers don't really know how to before final selection.

Speaking of final selection, it's time. I'm going today, Kyou's family wasnt here to congratulate me and send me off because they were with their grandfather. That's okay though.

                                           ...

"I'll be back in a week! I know it. And I'll make sure to visit you and tell you the news first thing before I start any assigned missions." You smile, mother looking at you double, triple, quadruple checking if you're ready.

"You sure you have everything? It's seven days, you have food, medicine, something warm for the nights?" She goes through your bag.

"Mommm! I have everything don't worry!" You scratch your head embarrassed.

"Oh darling, I know you do, I'm your mother, I worry!" She giggles, holding your hands.

Everything is silent between you and your mother. You're just staring at each other, sad.. yet confident smiles fixed on both your faces.

She ends the silence by pulling you in a tight embrace. You immediately hug her back tightly. She's already crying.

"Be brave, (y/n) don't give up. Promise me you won't give up! Fight with every last bit you have, I know you can do this. You are strong don't let anyone tell you otherwise." She wipes her eyes, and brushes her fingers through your hair.

Why am I so sad? I'm going to come back, but it feels like I'm never going to see her again... I'm not going to die... right?

You don't even notice but a tear runs down your cheek, but your mother quickly wipes it away.

"Don't cry..." she said making sure every tear dissapears.

"It doesn't suit your pretty face..." a sad smile formed on her lips. Her lips then planting them against your cheek.

"Yeah, I'll be back before you know it mom! I won't let you down, I won't let dad down either!" You sniff, placing your hands on her shoulders.

"I love you (y/n), I'll always be with you." She gives you one more hug. You gladly accept it.

"I love you too mom, I'll see you in a week! I promise I will be back!" You smile, and then.. you let go.

"Goodbye...!"

                                             ...

Final selection was just up north. It took you a few hours to get there it would have took a day if you hadn't learned your full focus breathing.