Ulul Albab (People of intellect)

In each kid's life, they go through phases, for instance growing from the laps of their mothers to running away as soon as their legs get steady on ground. Likewise, their mind phenomenally grows, grasps and acknowledgs all that happens around them, gradually as their intelligence increases. And as most might have witnessed firsthand, there also comes the "What's this?" phase.

You see, inquisitiveness, constant curiosity, has always been a major part of our growth process. Through which mankind has reached all that he has reached until this era. His mental ability to question, think, reflect, focus, understand, negate, reason out, agree, disagree, praise, like, dislike, hate, love- all of it.

Each of our questions that may have not made sense to us as a child, are concluded by our bewildered mind as we reach a point of maturity in our thinking.

So when it comes to our faith. Our beliefs. Our principles. Most aspects of which we naturally inherit from our folks, our culture. WHY do our always so curious brain stop questioning? Why do we shut the doors of reasoning? Why do majority of us blindly follow?

Don't we have a mind of our own to explore, understand and then choose from what's right and wrong. Aren't we individuals with unique thinking, who have different abilities, and perspectives to all matters in life?

A child who sees a tree, just sees a huge object he may jump and play around. But when the same entity is seen by a grown adult with comparatively much higher level of intellectualism sees the essence of it's existence, that how it's a source of- a life saving gas, food, habitat to various species, a natural air conditioner, helps in retention of water in the groundwater table, serves several economic benefits, an astounding legacy to all the seedlings that shall sprout from it.

And this is just an analogy of a tree. And you think our life on this earth would not have a more profound purpose?

If we speak of faith. God. The religion of God. Why does our society (atleast in India) abate even the thought of questioning?!

The religion of God Almighty, the teachings of The Lord of the Heavens and The Earth, should regardless of which century we are in, regardless of how superior our understanding of sciences get, be beyond the combined intellect of all of mankind. Why? Look around you.

"If moon, earth, and planets came into existence, and were thenceforward directed, by mere chance or whim, there would be no pattern in their positions and no rhythm in their movements; that is, there would be no world-order. Were the sun and stars involved in the same caprice, we would not know when to expect daylight and darkness, nor where the North Pole would be found. But because there is a World-Idea, there is law, orderliness, and some certainty: there is a universe, not a chaos." (- Taken from a book called Divine order of universe)

Ramadan, the month in which the teachings of Allah, Al Qur'an was gifted to mankind. The first word revealed to our Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him, itself imparts the sublime act of seeking knowledge, that is: ٱقۡرَأۡ- Read. Recite.

ٱقۡرَأۡ بِٱسۡمِ رَبِّكَ ٱلَّذِي خَلَقَ
"(Iqra) Recite in the name of your Lord who created -

خَلَقَ ٱلۡإِنسَٰنَ مِنۡ عَلَقٍ
Created man from (Alaq) a clinging substance (The embryo- a clot, a piece of thick coagulated blood, clinging to the wall of the womb)."
[-Al Qur'an, Surah Al-Alaq 96, Ayah 1-2]

The word Alaq in Qur'an meaning a clinging substance or a leech like substance, upon studies by great doctors in the field of embryology declare the miracles of the Divine wisdom in Qur'an.

We Muslims claim to love the Qur'an. But how much of it do we know, how much of it have we dived in, to explore and marvel?

There are treasures of enlightenment from seven heavens and above residing in each and every word of Al Quran. Not the book of science, rather The Book of 'Signs'.

Our Ummah is filled with doctors, scientists, psychologist, researchers, botanists, astronomers, cosmologists, astrophysicist, cytologist, you name it SubhanAllah, and it is upon us to use our profound intellect to understand deeply, as much as Allah Subawanata'ala, Al Hakim, The Wise, blesses us to unravel.

"Indeed, in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the alternation of the night and the day are signs for Ulul Albab (People of intellect).

Who remember Allah while standing or sitting or [lying] on their sides and give thought to the creation of the heavens and the earth, [saying], "Our Lord, You did not create this aimlessly; exalted are You [above such a thing]; then protect us from the punishment of the Fire."
[-Al Quran, Surah Aal-E-Imran 3, Ayah
190- 191]

#AweTowardsAlQuran
©