Chapter 8

Kim had a black eye.

"How did you get that" she lightly touched it.

"My father gave it to me yesterday" he looked down at his hands.

"He hits you"? She was shocked, she knew his dad was bad but not this bad. Alix lifted his chin so he was looking at her.

"I'm sorry".

Kim took her hand and sighed, "it's not your fault, none of this is your fault". Her eyes widened and tears formed.

"What's wrong" he placed a hand on her cheek.

"I.. hit you at school" she cried. "And killed you twice, how do you not hate me"?

"You killing me wasn't you it was Hawkmoth and you and my father hit for different reasons" he took a breath

"My father hits me out of anger over my mother and you"... he trailed off not knowing the answer.

"That's how I show affection" she whispered. Kim blushed when she said that.

"You like me"? He asked. Alix nuzzled his hand that was on her cheek. "No, I love you" she blushed.

He had no words except for, "I love you too". He pulled her into a kiss. She melted into his kiss and wrapped her arms around his neck.

They both dreamed of this moment and it was everything they hoped. They pulled back, out of breath and blushed.

It took everything in Alix's power not to kiss him again.

"Not too bad of a kisser, Hercules" she teased.

"Not too bad yourself, Tinkerbell" he laughed. She kissed him on the cheek before sitting back.

He blushed, causing Alix to laugh at him but then saw him staring at her.

"What"? "You're laughing" he said. "I missed that". Alix blushed really hard and this time it was Kim's turn to laugh.

"I'm home" Alix's father yelled.

"Shit" Alix grabbed a sweater and pulled it over herself. She looked at Kim and swore again.

"Just stay in here, I'll ask if you can stay the night" she said and walked out the door.

"Hey dad" she smiled.

"Hi sweetie, why are you limping" he asked.

She mentally cursed again. "I rolled it in gym class today" she lied.

"Who helped you walk home"?

"Oh Kim did, he's in my room right now playing video games" she smiled innocently.

"Alright, do you guys want pizza" Her dad asked.

"Sure dad, oh can Kim stay the night"? She asked.

"Sure, as long as you dont stay up to late because you still have school tomorrow". He said. "Thanks dad"

She limped back to her room and shut the door. Alix flopped onto her bed beside Kim.

"What did he say" he asked. "Oh he's fine with it" she smiled.

"Good because I was going to stay, no matter what he said" he leaned down towards her.

"Oh you were, were you"? She teased then kissed him.

"You should probably cover your bruise though" she said pulling away. He nodded and went to the bathroom. Alix couldnt help but smiled.

She finally told Kim how she felt and trusted him with her biggest secret.

And he trusted her back.

Kim saw Alix with her eyes closed so he decided to scare her. He crept in her room and quietly snuck up beside her.

"Boo"! Alix yelled causing Kim to jump back. She saw his face and started to die laughing.

"You... should...see your face right now" she laughed.

"How did you"... he started laughing with her. She quieted down

"I have many talents, unlike you who can't even sneak up on his girlfriend" she covered her mouth at the last part.

Kim smiled at her words. "So you think your my girlfriend now"? He teased.

"Well yeah" she said.

"Good, I'm claiming you and no one can have you" he picked her up in his arms.

"Put me down, you idiot" she struggled to get out of his arms.

"No, you're my princess and I will protect you no matter what" he said.

"So do I have another nickname now" she frowned. He smiled deviously. Alix knew that smile very well.

"If you wish it, princess" he put her down on the bed.

"Fine" she grabbed his collar "but only cause you're cute". Kim turned different shades of red causing Alix to giggle.

"Did she just giggle" Kim blushed. "And here I thought she couldnt possibly get any cuter".

"What you thinking about, idiot" she lightly pushed him.

"I'm thinking about how you get a new nickname and I don't" he frowned.

Alix smirked, she had the perfect name for him.