Chapter 10

-Oh, I'm curious if we manage it before the party – said Mallory, when we were walking after the rune's arrow.

-What party? – asked Magnus.

-Not informed, as always – sighed Alex. – The annual ball.

-We have something like that?! – shouted blonde surprised.

-It's for einherji to give them something what they could measure the time by – explained TJ. – The last ball was when we were stopping Ragnarok.

-The Vikings have a ball? – I asked amused.

-It's more like party, as Mallory said, but they dress more elegant – said Sam.

-Right! I don't have a dress! – shouted Mallory.

-But you always wore pants – reminded Halfborn.

-But NOW, we're going out and I want to dance with you, you idiot! – she snapped. – How will I be dancing in pants and a coat?!

-Oh, I don't have dress to – I murmured.

-Don't worry ladies – said Blitz with wide smile. – I'll do something for you with pleasure.

-Really? I want one to! – said Alex. – But not a dress... It will always be associating with the fake weeding to me.

Sam giggled and nodded.

-Maybe a coat...? – murmured Alex to herself. Magnus was thoughtful and suddenly his cheeks became red.

-Do I have a suit? – he asked himself.

This talk was so funny I forgot about the mission. Maybe that was Mallory's goal.

-Guys... - started TJ, who was standing next to Hearthstone, and turned to us.

I looked where he was pointing and saw a rocky hill with some holes.

-The caves again? – whined Magnus.

-This time I smell the goddess – I said, smelling the air before me.

-We're close? – asked Blitz.

-I think so – I nodded.

-But we shouldn't choose the cave with rune – said Sam. – Yuki, can you find her with the smell?

-It's too bright to summon Kitsu – I sighed. – But we are close enough, I can try myself.

-It wouldn't be easier if you change the shape? – asked Halfborn.

-That demon said she can't do this, you idiot – snapped Mallory.

-But now she's full of energy, isn't she? – he spat.

-I am but then I wouldn't help you fight the kidnapper. I know, you can fight him without me – I added, seeing Halfborn's face. – But I will be so tired that someone will have to watch me.

-She's right, it's dangerous. – Sam agreed. – Try with your nose, at the utmost, we will be looking few minutes longer.

-Ok – I said, reaching out my hand for the scarf.

I smelled it and gave back to Sam, then squatted and closed my eyes. I was breathing slowly, snuffing scent around me. It was difficult to divide the goddess smell from the others, but I caught something. I stood up and slightly opening eyes, I stirred myself forward. The rest of the group tried to be silent and came after me.

Not much time later we stopped in front of the cave's entrance. It took me less time than I thought.

-It's here – I said, straightening myself. – I smell not only Freya's but also other man's scent.