Chapter 7

-Hi everyone – I greeted people sitting as always in group and eating breakfast.

-Hey, Yuki, what's it behind your back? – asked Alex.

-Oh, this? – I said, touching sword hanging on my back. – I found a katana.

-Oh, yeah! Katanas are awesome! – shouted Jack, flying next to Magnus.

-Where? – asked TJ.

-Well, I went for a walk and I ended up on... um... one floor where is a forge – I explained. – I came to a dumpster and asked a man if I could take something... These daggers are really blunt.

-So you found this katana?

-Yeah, apparently, there was somebody who tried to make one, but no one had skills to use it... till now – I added. – So it ended up in a dumpster. I asked for sharpen it and there it is.

I sat in front of TJ, next to Alex, as always. Then food appeared on my plate and today it was meat sandwich.

-You want to test it on the battlefield today? – asked Alex.

-I wish... - I sighed, because I didn't take part in the battle since that when I was burnt.

Few days went by and my floormates haven't persuaded me to fight even once. It was a relief and I started to really like them.

-Isn't it Sam? – asked Magnus, looking at the entrance of the canteen.

I saw a girl in a Valkyrie's uniform and green hijab. She was coming in our way, waving to us.

-Hi guys! – she greeted them, not noticing me.

-Sam, what are you doing here in the morning? – asked Alex surprised.

-I can't visit you? – Sam looked kinda worried.

-Sam... please, to the core – sighed Magnus. – What now?

-Ok, I have a mission and I need... - she stopped, noticing me. – Oh, who are you?

-I'm Yuki, nice to meet you – I said, bowing with my head.

-My name is Samirah, but call me Sam – she smiled. – Guys, this is important, I need you all.

-All of us? – asked Mallory surprised. – Not the Ship of Dead, please...

-No, it's not even close – giggled Sam. – But I need the powerful ones as much as the smart ones. I'll give you details later, I shouldn't talk about it in your canteen.

-So, the Chases' house? – proposed Magnus.

-That will be good, see you this afternoon, I'm going to my lectures – she said and walked away.

-What was that? – I asked confused.

-Sam is doing the tasks for Odin – explained Magnus. – From time to time she needs help so Odin agreed that our group can leave the hotel when we need it.

The idea appeared in my head. I tried to act worried.

-Maybe I can help to – I said.

-Well, I don't know – Magnus shrugged with his shoulders. – You can come with us to the Chases' house.

-Where is it? – I asked.

-It's in Boston. We made from my family's house a place for homeless children – he said. – My friends work there and I go with Alex  there sometimes to check if they need something.

-That's great! – I said fascinated. – It's beautiful initiative.

-So we won't be fighting today – murmured Halfborn. – What a pity...