Chapter 3

I was standing in front of the mirror, when I heard some knocking and voices near my room's door. I got out from the bathroom and came close to them.

'Leave it to me...' said a man's voice. 'Hey! Floormate! We're here to bring you to the breakfast!'

I drew back after another knocking and sighed. As I turned to the tree, I noticed large hole between roots and the floor. I came to it without thinking.

The door blew out after a strong punch. Slivers covered the ground.

'Halfborn...' sighed the boy who was calling me before. 'Where is she?' asked the blond one. 'Are you sure she is SHE?' spat another with black-green hair. 'Very funny Alex' murmured blond boy.  'I saw her, she's not like you.' 'You don't have to be so rough' grinned Alex.

'Stop it, you two' asked black skinned boy, who was calling me. 'Maybe she's behind the tree'. 'Oh yeah, look at it' gasped ginger girl. 'Who is she?' 'I don't know, I was running after Alex' countered blond boy. 'I didn't make it to look closer'. 'Oh, you wanted to?' asked Alex. 'Enough' sighed black boy. 'Come Halfborn, we'll check'. 'Ok' agreed massive man, who destroyed the door and both of them went into the limbs.

'Hey, no one's here' said Halfborn after a while of looking around. 'Are you sure?' asked ginger girl. 'Maybe you're blind'. 'Hey, I would notice one girl!' The man shouted at her. 'Hunding is sure that she didn't leave the room' murmured black boy. 'No way...' he gasped.

After a while I saw him at the mouth of hole, where I was hiding. I lay my face on knees and covered eyes with arms.

'Hey, come out, we're not gonna hurt you' said the boy with friendly smile. 'She's in this hole?!' shouted Halfborn. 'No way! No one would fit in it!' 'Apparently, yeah, she's here' smirked black boy. 'Hey, I'm Thomas Jefferson Jr, but call me TJ, what's your name?' 

'Yuki' I murmured after a moment of silence. 'Yuki, could you get out? It's hard to talk like that' he said with smile and extended a hand to me.

I was thinking for a while, but finally I sighed. 'Get back a little' I asked and TJ drew back to make me some room.

I barged with hands on the mouth of hole and stuck my head outside. I saw surprised faces of the rest, but TJ was still smiling. I crawled on the floor with grace and stood up before them, flicking the earth from my old clothes.

'That's better' said TJ and started pointing every person in the room. 'That's Halfborn, Mallory, Magnus and Alex. You know me... oh and this is Yuki' he added, pointing at me. 'I'm Yuki Ashiro, nice to meet you' I said, turning my gaze on the wall. 'You're Japanese?' asked Alex. 'I would say she's Chinese' murmured Magnus. 'Because you idiot consider every Asian being a Chinese!' snapped black-green haired.

'Yes, I'm Japanese' I agreed surprised, turning my gaze at them. 'How do you know?' 'Oh yeah, your name seems so' said Alex shrugging his shoulders. 'Ok, enough, we're all hungry for sure' smirked TJ and turned to me. 'Come on, we'll show you the canteen.'

I went after them hesitantly. I looked at the door hole but it seemed to be locked somehow. 'Don't worry, since you went in, only you can enter to your room, even if Halfborn destroyed your door' TJ laughed and encourage me by hand to come with them.

In the canteen there were more people sitting next to tables. One table wasn't occupied, so our group took it. Food appeared on the plates in front of any of us and all my companions started to eat.

'Damn, you have very little expectations' said TJ, looking at my plate, where was only half of loaf of bread smoothed with butter and roasted piece of fish. 'He's right, you can ask for more' agreed Alex, who was sitting by my right. 'But I don't need more... Itadakimasu' I sighed and started eating, enjoying it inside of me.