Chapter 20

- The Great Slave Lake... awesome – murmured TJ, gazing at the map I bought today. – Why slave?

-I don't know – I sighed, looking for the best way to get to this lake.

The fireplace was warming us up as we were sitting between the trees. We chose to not stay in the city for the night because the enemy could find us by the hotels.

I was studying the map while TJ was preparing food in the fire. We didn't talk about our situation since that morning and now I had a feeling that TJ was staring at me hesitantly and wanted to say something.

-What is it Thomas? – I asked calmly, still looking at map. – You're gaping at me for few minutes.

He budged surprised and rotated the sausages with a sigh.

-Yuki, I know what I said to you, but I'm really sorry – he said sadly. – I don't know what I can do more... that you won't be mad at me...

-Listen – I sighed, putting map on my bag and raised my gaze at him. – I'm not mad at you already...

-No? – he asked shocked.

-But – I added – I wanted you to learn something. I'm not a little girl and I can do what I want. If I want to help demigods even if it's dangerous, I'll do it. And no one, even the loved one, can stop me from doing this, you understood?

-Yeah... - sighed TJ and stopped. – Did you say... the loved one?

-Oh, TJ... - I sighed. – Did you really think that I was with you only for that you could stop your courtship? Which was cute somehow – I giggled. – So what, that I was with you for you to feel better? Isn't it love if I want the best for you?

He brushed his hair and giggled.

-That argument was a nonsense, wasn't it? – he murmured.

-It was – I nodded. – I really wanted to tell you about this mission. When I wanted to ask Sam for a permission, we had to help the Camp Half-Blood and everything was confused... If you want to know something, just ask me now – I offered.

-How did you reach Japanese demigods? – asked TJ after a while.

-I sent Tsuki – I said. – She reached Yoichi... He's the son of Amaterasu, one of the greatest gods, but he's living in the Spiritual World since he died... And he gathered the demigods who wanted to help. Most of them aren't glad about helping Americans but while the Japanese demigods are not numerous, we learn to help the others to survive.

-So we have allies but not enthusiastic – he sighed.

-That's right... and at once, they're not happy that I'm an important person in this – I said.

-Why?

-Because all of them are alive and after maturation and I... - I stopped when my feelings broke the surface. – I'm weak and they put so much pressure on me at once laughing behind my back...

-Easy now... - murmured TJ, catching me in his grip and stroking my hair.

-I'm sorry... My powers control the feelings, so I hid them when we were arguing, but now... - I said with trembling voice.

-I'm the one who should say sorry – he sighed and kissed my temple.

We were sitting like that for a while. I was glad that everything backed to normal and I could be in his arms again. That night we were arguing I thought I lost him forever.

-Thank you! – I shouted to a man who drove us to the next city and now he was going his way.