Chapter 11

Freya sent us to Valhalla as we released her. She said it was the reward for the mission. Yeah. Brilliant.

I sat the next day on my couch after Blitz and Mallory went out. We were doing fitting to dresses. Alex was in his male phase, so he persisted on having individual session.

Knocking surprised me, but I didn't get up to open. Door felt my approval, so I didn't wait long until TJ showed up in the living room limb.

-How are you feeling? – he asked with worried look and sat next to me.

-Can I tell you something?

-Of course – answered TJ surprised.

-I looked into Lars's memories – I began, feeling that if I won't let it out, I'll explode. – He kidnapped Freya to punish her, the gods and their warriors. Hah, if only they care about us – I smirked sadly. – He lost his wife, Nora, and lived in revenge for many years... He was... He was so aggrieved... – I started crying and TJ hugged me without a word. – But the revenge clouded his judgement so much that he thought killing us was his only option... I couldn't stop the Survive Will...

I was crying out, drying eyes with my sleeves.

-I had to kill him... - I whined, sobbing.

-We know this, Yuki – whispered TJ.

-But I took an advantage of his feelings, his beloved one... I'm a monster... - I felt horrible, but he was caressing my hair all the same.

-You're not – he said. – There was no other way, he was too strong and I... - he stopped and clasped my hair. – I let on to him our position...

-He knew it anyway – I said, calming down.

-Maybe, but...

-Hey, I am the one who should complain – I laughed through tears.

-You may be right – he giggled.

-I saw the beloved ones of all the people there – I said. – And I saw your mother.

He moved away from me and looked surprised.

-She's beautiful – I smiled to him and lower my gaze.

-I took part in the American Civil War – he sighed with sad smile. – She died long time ago and landed in Helheim.

-You're... here for that long? – I asked shocked.

-Halfborn is here since Viking's times – laughed TJ. – But, yes, I am.

-I didn't know... - I started but he silenced me.

-You couldn't – he said brightly. – Anyway, how was the fitting?

-Good – I answered, surprised by the change of the topic. – Blitz said that he has an idea for my dress.

-Really? That's cool! Um, listen... - he began.

-Yeah? – I rushed him when he didn't continue.

-Nevermind – he threw with a smile. – Oh, but I have a question... Did you leave Tokyo anytime?

-No, why do you ask? – I frowned.

-Hah, so I have to show you this place – said TJ rubbing his hands. – But after the party.

-You won't tell me what is it? – I ascertained.

-No, it's a surprise – he said, smiling. – Come, it's time for dinner.

-You're right! – I shouted. – We have to hurry!

-Don't worry, we can be late – he laughed and stood up.