PROLOGUE

Warning: This chapter contains self-harm. May be disturbing to read.

Eighteen hours

Eighteen hours. In only a short span of eighteen hours, my life has turned upside down.

Here I am drowning in my sorrows at my favourite place in the kingdom of Sicillia. It is almost 11 in the night yet, sleep is miles away from me. I'm sitting at the edge of a cliff trying not to fall into the abyss. My vision is blurry with tears but I can see how enchanting the scenery before me is. The colourful radiant lights look like tiny shimmering stars. I was awestruck but at the same time numb and shattered.

The two most important people in my life had left me alone. The people who I adored, treasured and who meant the world to me were no longer a part of my life. I was shattered. It seemed like all the colours of life had faded and it is plain white and black.

The words "‪Goodbye Sunshine, I hope you'll always be happy" resonated in my head. He promised he'd stay with me, he promised to shower me with his kisses and love, he promised to never break my heart and never let go off my hand, he promised to see the stars with me, it was all a big lie. My heart was aching for him but he left. Guess I'm no good at goodbyes.

This place was usually deserted as no one really knew about this place. It was my safe spot. Soon the peace was disturbed by a whisper, "Lily one step forward and all the pain will vanish" It sounded so tempting. It felt like I had no reason to live anymore and my misery was rising every second. I started to sob loudly, every flashback passing through my mind making me feel more heartbroken. "Is there no one who can help me escape?", I thought. Just when I was preparing for the next action, a sound occupied the entire place.

I turned around only to meet a pair of dark brown chocolaty eyes looking at my big doe ones. The moonlight illuminated on his face, his sharp jaw, pink lips, dark brown curly hair and absolutely mesmerising eyes, he looked ethereal. It was as if a Greek God had ascended from the heaven to save me. He spoke again, "Jumping off wouldn't help you in any way, you're just throwing away all the good things yet to happen. Life is like a rollercoaster, there are ups and downs, but its up to whether you close your eyes in fear and scream or throw your hands in the air and enjoy the ride. Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise." His words hit me hard.

He then walked towards me and sat beside me. We both sat there in pure silence. His presence made me feel like I wasn't isolated and alone, I felt safe.
I didn't even realise when warm tears fell down my rosy cheeks. He noticed my body shaking, held me close and stroke my hair gently to comfort me.

Soon a honey-like voice filled the atmosphere. He started singing, beautifully. It filled the air with tranquility. It was very soothing and calmed me down. He helped me heal.
The next moment, my head dropped into his shoulders and I passed out.

The next morning I woke up only to find myself in a luxurious suite in a hotel. Panic struck me. As I was looking around, my eyes fell on a note.

It said,
"Hope you're feeling better,
May we meet again"

Author's note:

So I read this quote today and felt like sharing it,
"You may not want to exist right now but someone is happy that you do" and that speaks volumes. You are worthy and you're never worthless.

I'm using my every brain cell for this story, so please award me with your votes and comments. Reading your comments really cheer me up🥰

Also this book is already number one in the tag #btspink !! I also reached 100 reads! THANK YOU❤️

Also any guesses, who is 'he' ?