ten

I arrived at the party a lot sooner than I wanted. Wouldn't shock me if Brad paid the guy to speed so I would be there sooner honestly, but I wasn't gonna fight with him tonight. It was supposed to be fun.

Getting out of the cab, I pulled my shit together and fixed myself. I knew I was avoiding going inside but whatever.

I must've been standing there for a bit because a voice interrupted me while I was thinking about what to do with my suspenders. "I think one up, one down would look good."

"Oh thanks." I laughed, shrugging one off my shoulder. Looking up, I saw a tall blonde except it wasn't one that belonged to me. He had piercing green eyes that stared me down as if trying to remember my face. "Uhm do I know you?"

"I don't think so. I'm Jackson, but mostly people just call me Jax."

I looked him over and noticed he wasn't wearing a costume. "You do know this is a Halloween party, right?"

"Yeah. Bouncer, unfortunately. So no party for me."

"I mean you can take my place if you want and I'll kick out the crashers." I took his clipboard, bumping him out of his place. "Ah yes, Isabella Kingsleigh, right this way." Unclipping the oh-so cliché red velvet rope, I gestured towards the door making him laugh.

"So your name's Isabella, huh?"

"Isabella. Iz. Whatever you're feeling." I shrugged.

He took his clipboard back from me returning to his rightful place. "Well I feel like you are avoiding going in to this party. And I don't know why because your costume beats every one I've seen walk past me tonight."

"Long story." My phone started to ring in my bag. "And that long story is probably calling me right now so I better go. Lovely meeting you Jax."

"You too, Iz." He called after me, and I couldn't help but turn and smile.

The party was in full swing by the time I made it all the way inside. I didn't really recognize anyone which wasn't surprising considering it was a label party and I hadn't been around the boys' music much.

After scanning the room full of popular and not so popular Disney characters, my eyes landed on just who I was looking for.

Connor and Jorden were stood in their matching costumes, looking as cute as ever. The two of them were chatting with Melanie and Toby who also had couple costumes on, Wendy and Peter Pan. Next to them was James dressed as Hercules including sweatband and fortunately excluding chest plate; it was a good look for him. Then there was Tris with his blonde hair spiked and dyed blue. He was wearing a dark looking toga, and when I compared him to James I realized he was Hades. Finally there was Brad with a massive top hat on, meaning he could only be the Mad Hatter.

Brad didn't know this, but my favorite book was Alice in Wonderland. Every time I would go somewhere new I felt like I was going on my own little adventure down the rabbit hole. The fact that he was dressed as one of the characters made me, well, curiouser and curiouser. This gave me confidence in the fact that we are meant for each other not her.

Speaking of her, I hadn't seen Harley when I expected her to be attached to Brad at the hip. There was no blonde in sight only the red head Brad was talking to. She was stood laughing with him, touching his arm flirtatiously. Wait I recognized that laugh....

Brad made eye contact with grinning from ear to ear. The girl turned around to see what he was looking at, and it was none other than Harley herself.

Her wig matched my hair almost identically in color and fell a little bit farther down her back than mine. A strapless sparkly red dress with a high slit clung to her body accentuating all of her curves leaving nothing to the imagination. She had on matching red high heels as well as purple elbow-length gloves. Harley was none other than the bombshell that was Jessica "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way" Rabbit.

And that was nothing I could compete with.

----------------------

I know I know. Everyone's like get on with the party but next chapter I promise shit is gonna hit the fan.

Also I hope you guys know Jessica Rabbit but if not look her up.

bri