27

Ava•••

"Trying to escape, sweetheart?"

I turned around to see Julian and Stephanie.

How'd they get in? I'm pretty sure I blocked the door.

"What do you want from me?" I said gritting my teeth.

"I know who you are, Adelaine." Stephanie said.

"That didn't answer my question. What do you want from me?" I asked again.

"Oh, Adelaine, I don't want you. I want your money and your boyfriend."

"Why do you want my money and Shawn?"

"I want Shawn, because you and Brianna took him away from me."

"Brianna?" I asked.

"Julian go get her." She demanded.

Julian went to go somewhere out in the hall, he came back pulling her tightly by the arm. He ripped the duct tape off.

She screamed in pain.

"Brianna, tell her what you did to me and Shawn." Stephanie said.

She shook her head crying.

"In eighth grade, Shawn and I were dating. There was this party, and Shawn and her kissed." Stephanie said.

"No! You frickin cheated on him!" Brianna yelled.

"Shut up, bitch."

"Didn't you make me come here to talk?" Brianna sassed.

Julian slapped her across her face.

"So Brianna, took Shawn away and took over my group just because of Shawn's popularity."

"You're absolutely pathetic, Stephanie. Can't get over eight grade?" Brianna snorted.

"So now you want Shawn?" I asked.

Stephanie nodded.

"You think he'll come back to you, once he finds out you kidnapped me?"

"He'll have no choice, if you're all the way in Australia, where you and your lying ass belongs. We even brought Cameron to accompany you." Stephanie said.

Julian brought in another guy. He didn't look like Cameron. He had a bruised eye, a cut lip and a tired face, but it was him. I recognized his big brown eyes that were now dull.

"Cam!" I said hugging him. Cameron pushed me away.

"You lied to me." He said.

"What?"

"You were Ava Stiles all along."

"Ava?" Brianna asked. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry, I can't believe what I did to you."

"Brianna! Shut the hell up!" Stephanie said.

"Cam, I can explain. But now we need to get out of here." I whispered.

"So you want Shawn, why do you need my money?" I asked trying to play it off hoping they didn't hear what I said to Cameron.

"Curious aren't you?" Julian said.

"Answer the damn question!" I yelled.

"My dad needs it." Julian said.

"For what?"

"He's dying."

Flashback:

I just got back from school, everyday, I would run straight to the hospital where my dad stayed.