Chapter Five: Forget

A snapshot extracted from the deepest pits of hell had me frozen in shock as I took in the scene unfolding.

My heartbeat was furiously pounding in my chest, rivaling the constant staccato of ancient african beats, alarming everyone within radius of the intruder that stumbled upon the scene.

In the shadows of the narrow alley obscured by prying eyes were three figures.

There was a man facing me, his eyes were shut tightly in utter euphoria as he ruthlessly pounded into a petite blonde.

The harsh strokes rocked her entire frame so violently that had it not been for the tight hold he had on her upper body she would have easily snapped her spine in half with how far back she was bent.

I tried not to gasp as I saw that the tight hold was not her only support as her quivering body graciously laid across Dante's chest.

However, the fact that they were having sex in public, in broad daylight nonetheless, was not the problem.

The disturbing part was that the blonde had her head thrown back resting on Dante's shoulder, her slender neck exposed.

Dante had his face buried in her left shoulder and was gripping her blonde locks with an iron fists pulling her head back even further.

I was rendered speechless as time ceased to exist and my surroundings came to a halting stop with it. I could hear the blood rushing through my veins, rapidly reaching my head and making me nauseous with the speed at which it traveled.

I stumbled a few steps back and had to grip the wall behind me as flashbacks invaded my thoughts without warning.

A few nights ago.

I couldn't breathe as I remembered the demon that attacked me and bile rose to my throat forcing me to swallow it back down for fear of getting caught.

Dante.

The once pristine throat was now covered in a stream of blood that slowly glided down her neck like a sea of honey.

Blood.

Taunting me into a memory that seemed to be buried in cement as it tried to viciously extract itself.

Forget. Forget. Forget.

I gripped my own hair as a raging headache took over and threatened to split my skull open with the exceeding pressure. I couldn't focus. I couldn't think. I couldn't breathe. I had to get out of here.

Run.

I looked back at the scene with trembling limbs to see that Dante no longer had his head buried in the girls neck but his shoulders were rigid as he raised his head drenched in life's succulent nectar.

I didn't think twice as I quickly turned around walking away as fast as I could without drawing attention to myself.

I only made it a few buildings down before I broke out into a sprint and finally fled the scene. I arrived at Patty's bookshop bursting through the door as if my life depended on it. Which quite frankly at this moment it did.

I locked myself in the bathroom falling down to my knees as that same raging headache that had been badgering me for days returned full force. I gripped my temples trying to force back the pain that had my teeth clenching and soft whimpers escaping my parted lips.

Against my better judgement I quickly lifted his shirt to find a deep gash oozing blood, the skin torn to shreds, the lining of his flesh peeking at the surface. My hands began to shake as I found multiple identical wounds scattered against his mid section.