Chapter Fourteen: Keeping Quiet

I regretted my decision to stay up for most of the night with Dante as soon as my alarm went off blaring a series of annoying beeps into the silent room.

Why in the world did it have to be a Friday? It couldn't have been a Saturday? I'd even take Sunday at this point.

I reached over my night stand to turn off my phone and avoid the hassle of turning off the other hundred alarms I have saved. Dante groaned beside me as he tugged at my waist pulling me into his chest.

"Ignore it," He mumbled against my throat as he spooned me from behind getting comfortable once again.

"No way, we have school," He scoffed.

"Fuck school, just skip," I traced small patterns on his forearms that were wrapped around my waist as I smiled.

"Of course you would suggest that," I jolted in shock when I felt his teeth bite my neck softly.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I laughed as I intertwined our fingers pulling him closer.

"You're the king of skipping school. How do you get away with it?" I felt him shrug against my back.

"I don't. I just ignore them," I smiled at his response.

"My little rebel," He placed a kiss on my shoulder as his open palms traveled up my stomach under my shirt making me shudder as his cold fingers left a trail of heat.

"There's nothing little about me sweetheart," I felt the non-existent muscles in my abdomen contract as he sucked the skin just below my ear into his mouth. I moaned as my thoughts got hazy but was thrown back into reality as I heard the floorboards from the steps creek as my mother went downstairs.

I forced myself to leave the warm caccoon of my blankets and Dantes pleasure induced haze as I stepped into Alaska. For the second time this morning I regretted my decision as I ran across the room to turn off the AC.

"It's fucking freezing," I wrapped my arms around myself as I got under the covers again facing Dante giving the room a second to warm up again. I tugged my t-shirt over my face and Dante raised an eyebrow.

"What are you doing," l shrugged embarrassed.

"Morning breath," He laughed as he pulled me onto his chest making sure to leave my hips securely on his side against the bed.

"I don't care about your morning breath." I glared at him.

"So you're admitting I have morning breath?" I joked as I buried my head into his chest.

"Shut up Solange," I laughed but it instantly died when I remembered my mother was still downstairs.

"We have to be quiet, my mom's downstairs," He raised a silent eyebrow.

"We have paper thin walls," I explained as I finally got up ignoring the cold seeping into my pores. I grabbed my towel and was about to head to the bathroom when Dante's whisper stopped me.

"Didn't you take a shower literally a few hours ago." I glared at him as he judged my showering habits.

"I have to shower in the mornings, it wakes me up," I explained as I continued towards the door.

"I'll be back," I called over my shoulder as I finally left the room and power walked to the bathroom.

The water was finally hot and I stepped in letting the hot spray soothe my cold skin. I felt the goosebumps that were scattered over my skin slowly reduce as my body temperature rose.

"Boo," A scream teared through my throat as my heart dropped to my ass and plopped noisily onto the wet floor of the bathtub.

I ripped the shower curtains to the side as I glared at a smirking Dante who was the epitome of ease as he leaned against the bathroom door with his legs crossed at the ankle fully dressed.