‹ two ›

yuta checked the time on his phone that almost ran out of charge and it was already 2 am, he had been walking for so long and he just lost track of time not to mention how he also didn't know where he was, he sat on the sidewalk, there were no more cars and the shops have all closed down, all he had was his mp3 player that he used to listen to music, he looked around and not a person in sight.

as if the situation couldn't get worse, there were no cabs around and it started slowly raining, he got up again and just continued walking and walking, not realizing that he was only getting further away from his home, he used his phone to call his mom but to no avail since she didn't reply as usual.

he couldn't call his friends since they would be asleep by now, being the morning people that they are. yuta had an assessment the next day from a scholarship team to get him into a football winter camp, only the best of the best can get in and every single school team player merely dreams of getting into that camp, why you may ask?

well, it's free of charge and is an easy gateway to full-ride scholarships which the latter needs desperately, yuta never tried out to get the years before only because he wasn't that confident in his skills, no matter how many times his coach told him to, but as he stays up longer he is starting to lose his confidence in even making it to the assessment.

finally, saw a taxi come by, he sighed in relief, not having to stay in the chilly weather much longer. he stopped the cab and went in it, telling the driver where he was meant to go, the driver was a bit confused over why he would take a cab at 2 am to go to some house on a school night but he was in no place to judge the boy.

it took around 30 minutes to get there and yuta barely had money so had to pay with all that he's got, and once he did, he thanked the driver and left.

once he got in the house, it was dark and quiet, his mom was sleeping on the couch, obviously afraid to even get near to her drunk husband, yuta rushed to her, placing his backpack on the floor.

"mom, wake up," yuta spoke softly and the lady slightly opened her eyes but she still wasn't awake enough, yuta took a deep breath and carried her to his room, placing her on his bed and covering her and he took her place on the couch instead, it's not like he was tired anyway, he didn't mind sleeping on the couch and it wasn't his first time.

yuta merely napped and woke up at 6 am, which is the time his body was used to waking up at, he got up to his room and quietly grabbed his uniform and another football kit. he went down the stairs and opened the curtains in the living room, allowing the rising sun to shine through the house.

he started pouring cereal for himself and left the house by 6:30 with his bags and an apple in his hand.

he made it to school early and just waiting by the gates, watching the sunrise and waiting for the time to strike 7:45 for only the gates to open, the teachers started walking into school with their bags and the cups of coffee, giving yuta who was reading a book really weird looks. yuta then put his book down, getting bored of it, he looked at the time and it was only 6:40, only ten minutes have passed, he sighed and rested his head on the wall he sat behind, he saw a familiar face walking across from him, really familiar as if he had looked into those deep brown eyes before. he immediately recognised him and his eyes widened, why would he be out at a time like this.