‹ twenty one ›

yuta had just finished tutoring his classmate and he wasn't going to lie, his house was, impressive, the ceiling was high and chandeliers lit it all up, high curtains that complimented the white and gold furniture

yuta had just finished tutoring his classmate and he wasn't going to lie, his house was, impressive, the ceiling was high and chandeliers lit it all up, high curtains that complimented the white and gold furniture. yet the owners of the house were the most down-to-earth people that yuta has ever met. they offered yuta water and cake but the younger kindly refused, they even asked if he wanted to hang out at the house after tuitions but yuta had to go to work. but they still had a weird aura to them, as if they weren't as nice as yuta thought they were.

yuta was on the way to and when he made it sicheng walked over to him with his crutches, the café sound full outside, mumbles and chuckles.

"you're late?" sicheng says giving yuta his apron for him to wear quickly.

"sorry, i was just- nevermind, i'm sorry," he says and wears it.

"hey...you okay?" sicheng asks and yuta smiles and nods, then the counter bell rang meaning there was a customer at the counter.

"i'll get it, i'm sorry for leaving you alone with all those people,"

"it's okay," sicheng says and yuta rushes outside of the staff room and put on his welcoming smile as he was met by two teenagers that ordered their hot chocolates and paid for them, paying for it then finding a table that they sat on. yuta making their drinks and placing them on their tables, saying something that made the two giggles. yuta make it back to the counter and took out the towel, cleaning everything then sicheng coming out.

"hey, shouldn't you rest? just sit down, i got this," yuta says and sicheng smiles

"it's fine, i came here for a reason, i'm a good manager,"

"so, what are going to do this christmas?"

"i'll just spend it with my mom, what do you think i should get her with my new paycheck, i mean, she told me not to buy her anything, but it's not always that you just get to spend christmas with your mom," sicheng says and yuta was overcome with guilt and pity, he couldn't have the heart to tell sicheng that...well.

"that's nice, yeah, i think i'll spend it with my mom as well,"

"you guys should come over-" sicheng was disturbed by his phone buzzing in his pocket. "oh, it's mom," sicheng says and goes into the staff room and takes it. yuta getting distracted by a customer, then as he was making the coffee, sicheng came out.

"what's up?" yuta asks

"oh mom just wants me home as soon as the shift's done, she says to bring you too,"

"aren't we closing the café up at 1?"

"yeah, but i guess she's gonna stay up," sicheng says and yuta nods