‹ twenty five ›

an hour later, sicheng was done with his shower which was well needed, yuta brought out his clothes and sicheng get dressed in privacy. once sicheng was done he went outside and was finally given his phone which was flooded with notifications from his friends and his family. 

yes, it was true that sicheng couldn't spend christmas with anyone or even new years but he was just glad he could leave that traumatic place. he sat on the couch and yuta came in with a nice meal for him, placing a kiss on his head and sitting down next to him. 

"do you mind if I open the tv?" yuta asks

"it's fine, go-ahead," sicheng says and yuta takes the remote and opens the tv to a news channel showing sicheng's aunt being brought into the police station in handcuffs and being surrounded by the press, yuta immediately changes the channel to one that was showing a comedy sitcom, the two sat in silence as sicheng ate and when he was done yuta took his plate and placed it in the kitchen

"do you want more? i can make some," yuta says from the kitchen 

"no thank you," sicheng calls back and yuta comes back and gets something from a drawer on his desk, it was a small box wrapped in a bow and wrapping paper. 

"i uhm, got this for you because I thought that maybe we would spend Christmas together but since we couldn't, i thought i would give it to you now," yuta says giving it to sicheng who smiled softly "I'm sorry if it isn't much," 

"yuta, you didn't have to," sicheng replies softly 

"just open it," yuta sits down next to sicheng who slowly opens the box and finds a keychain of both of them along with a key to the house. 

"you-" sicheng sighed with a smile and turned to yuta. 

"I'm guessing you like it?" 

"i do," sicheng nods and looks at the keychain "so, what happened in the past 3 weeks?"

"l-let's not talk about that right now, i-it's nothing good," yuta nervously says 

sicheng sits back on the couch "i probably got fired, there goes the promotion,"

"on the bright side, at least you're not in jail for something you didn't do," yuta says and sicheng went quiet, sicheng wrapped his arm around his shoulder and sighs "i know you're upset, you have every right to be, i can't imagine what you're going through right now," 

sicheng rested his head on yuta's shoulder "I'm okay,"

 "no you're not, and that's fine, just give yourself time," yuta whispers, sicheng lifts his head

"can i get something out of my chest?"

"yeah, what's up?"

"i was kind of glad that i might have gone to jail, b-because i would finally not have to deal with everything but the only reason i didn't just say that i killed my mom was b-because i knew it would hurt you,"