Chapter 22 : Goodbye

Well, it was the day. Jane was leaving to go to Seattle for her reeducation. Max bought her a box of chocolate and another Teddy bear that she hoped she would keep with her, to be sure she wouldn't forget her. When she arrived, Constance was taking Jane's bags in the car, letting Jane on the wheelchair.

- "So? Seattle sounds great, I hope you'll find a new annoying redhead girl to entertain you," Max joked.

- "I don't think someone else can be more annoying than you," Jane smiled.

- "Well, I was going to be sad, but, on second thoughts, I don't think it's useful."

Jane smiled more to her. Max gave her the presents she bought her. The brunette had her eyes and mouth wide opened while taking the box and the Teddy bear.

- "Do you like it?"

- "I love it! I, I...Thank you, but I've nothing for you..."

- "Do you have a phone?"

- "Um, yeah, Constance bought me one. You want it!?" Jane frowned.

- "Uh, just your phone number, to send you messages and all those things, I don't wanna steal your phone," Max chuckled.

- "Oh, then, (looks around) uh...oh! (takes her phone out of her jeans pocket) Here, put your number inside and send you a message, like that you'll have it."

The redhead grabbed the phone and write her number. While she was doing it, she couldn't stop giving some glares at Jane. It was weird to see her wearing her normal clothes.

- "You look great, especially with your leather jacket," Max softly said.

- "Yeah? I like it too, it's...rock."

- "Yeah, it is. Here, your phone. Don't hesitate to call me, when you want, if you feel sad, or if you're angry...or if you just want to talk to me..."

- "Sure, I will. Same for you, even if I don't answer. I mean, not like if I don't want to answer, but I'll have lots of reeducations to do, I won't be able to always answer..."

- "It's okay, I understand," Max reassured. "So, you need a ride?"

- "I guess I do," Jane smiled.

Max went behind the wheelchair and began to push Jane through the corridors of the hospital. All the nurses, the doctors, the therapists, and all the people that spent their days taking care of her while she was in her coma and even after were applauding her. Max was a bit embarrassed, it was weird to walk under applause, it never happened to her before! After a moment, they were finally alone in the corridor.

- "Damn, you have fans!"

- "Yeah, I'm amazing," Jane joked with a serious tone.

- "I guess. Hey, I always wondered, why didn't they put someone else in your room with you? You could have company like that!"

- "Uh...I, well, I had, maybe, been awful with some of them and...they decided to stop."

- "You're a bad girl, I love that!"

- "You're the only one who handled me."

- "Yeah, you're cute when you are angry."

- "That's not what the others said," Jane chuckled.

- "Yeah, they are pussies."

Jane giggled which made smile the redhead. Max arrived in the hall and stopped the wheelchair, not wanting to go outside.

- "Are you okay?" Jane asked.

- "Yeah, it's just, it will be weird to not come back here tomorrow to talk with you...I'm gonna miss all those moments."