You Before Me

"Ai pha ... Are you eating my pudding ?!"  Kit shouted.  

 "Come on ... I'll replace it, no need to be angry like that kit," said Phana.

 "This is not the first time you eat my pudding."

 Oh, God!  It's Saturday and I'm trying to sleep but why are they even making a fuss next to my room.

 "Then you want me to regurgitate the pudding," Phana said irritably.

 Enough

 I woke up from my sleep and walked out looking at the phana and kit who were fighting at the door of the room.  They looked at me in surprise.

 "It's still 7 o'clock in the morning and you fight about pudding!"  I shouted annoyed. Phana and Kit looked at me guilty.

 "Beam ... I'm hungry and he's eating my pudding," whined kit.  He gave me his pitiful face. He walked towards me and shook my hand.

 "Please cook something for me na ~" he pleaded again.  Kit pleaded and showed his dimples. He knows my weakness.  I cannot refuse their request.

 "Fine ~" I said irritably.  Kit smiled happily. I walked down and glared at phana before coming down.  He just grins while following me.

 "I thought you were full from eating pudding,pha" I accused.

 "Aw beam ... I'm still hungry. Cook it for me too ~" I feel like I have two adult children.  I rolled my eyes and walked to the kitchen. They sat at the dining table looking at me hopefully.  I took the food in the fridge and started cooking fried rice for them.  

 Phana and kit stay with me.  Phana, Kit, Forth and I were best friends from childhood when I lived in Chiang Mai.  We parted when I had to move to Bangkok. I moved to Bangkok when I was in high school because my parents got divorced.  Mother took me to Bangkok. I thought I would be lonely forever in Bangkok until Pha, Kit and forth decided to go to college in Bangkok.  Because I have a big enough house they decided to stay at my house. My mother was glad they were here with me because she herself was rarely at home.  And since then my life has been busy again.

 The smell of fried rice began to smell everywhere.  I put fried rice on the table while making coffee. Phana and kit had prepared the table and sat sweetly at the table while waiting for me.  I brought three cups of coffee to the dining table. They look peaceful in front of food.

 "Eat," I said and they began to eat quietly.

 "Ai beam ... What will you do in the afternoon?"  asked kit while eating.

"He has an appointment with me," suddenly forth, stretched out his hand from behind over my shoulder and hugged me.  He leaned over my shoulder and held my hand to direct my hand to his mouth and eat the fried rice in my spoon.  

 Shit

 I felt my heart almost fall out because of it.  I tried to hold my breath so that he did not feel the pounding of my heart.

 "Yummy" he whispered then he sat next to me.  I breathed a sigh of relief. Yup, Forth also lives with me.  But he is rarely at home. If he is not with his technical gang then he spends more time with Apple, his girlfriend.  Last night he obviously stayed at Apple Place. I can smell the apple. He must have used the soap and shampoo that Apple uses.  

 "Date?"  asked phana, staring at us both.

 " bribe  to keep my mouth shut," I explained, showing the wound on the face forth.  Phana chuckles.

 "Then you have to close our mouths together," said Phana, smiling and embracing the kit.  Kit also smiled while looking at him. Forth didn't care and started scooping up the food on my plate.