I Will (Try) To Forget You

"The selection of the Moon and Stars has begun again," Kit said, observing Phana and the committee from the medical faculty who were selecting the moon and stars this year.

 "Um ... a lot of things happened during the election of the Moon and Stars," I said.

 "You mean Phana Wayo and ...." Kit looked at me for a moment but didn't continue.

 "Forth Apple then You and Ming," I continued.  

 "Hey ... Me and Ming don't count," he protested.

 "Oh yeah? You even left me to go to dinner with Ming at that time" I gave a mischievous smile to him.  Pouting kit. He did not reply.

 "Hey Beam ~ do you really not want to say anything to forth?"  Kit said, looking at Phana who looked upset because there wasn't a single junior who wanted to volunteer as Moon and Star.

 "Saying what then? I feel that I have polluted our friendship with this feeling. Saying it will only make things worse" I bit my lower lip.

 "Hey ~ love is not something dirty. I'm sure forth also won't think so" kit looked at me sadly.  I smiled trying to comfort him.

 "And maybe also-"

 Kit wants to say something when suddenly the ringtone from an Apple cell phone sounds.

 And you keep coming back, coming back again

 Keep running round, running round, running round my head

 And the name My Love appears on the LCD screen.  I looked at kit.

 "It's been two years together, do you think I have a chance?"  I asked. Kit said nothing. He just sighed while staring at Apple.

 "Hey Apple, Forth called you," he said.  Apple who was pulling a man she chose as the moon immediately stopped her activity and ran towards us.  Se looks happy.

 The melody of the James Arthur song continues

 But I'm certain that I'm yours

 Certain that I'm yours

 I remember that song.  The song that Forth performed when he had to show his talent in the selection of moon and star campus two years ago.  The song that won him the heart of Apple and the title of Favorite Moon. The song I chose for him. A broken hearted song for me.

 *Two years ago*

 "Hey Beam ... What's your favorite song lately?"  he asked. He played his guitar while sitting on my bed.

 "Um ... Silly fools Pretend, Room39 Love Yourself and The Ambrose Jealous," I said, lying down and reading a journal on my bed.  Forth stopped picking his guitar.

 "Are you heartbroken?"  he looked at me curiously.  I'm still reading my journal and ignoring it.  If there is anyone who can make my feelings chaotic right now that person is Forth.  These days I can't calm down when I'm near him.

 "Hey Beam ..." forth kicking my foot because I ignored him.  I put down my journal and looked at him annoyed.

 "What do you want?"

 He looked at me for a moment, his sharp eyes seemed to suck my whole soul.  My heart beats abysmally. I turned my face back to the journal. Try to understand every sentence in it.  But it didn't work, my mind was only focused on forth. Forth and the look in his eyes.

 Fuck

 What has happened to me lately

 "Do you have a romantic song?"  he asked suddenly. This time I sat and looked at him in surprise.