Promises To Be Kept

I watched my reflection in the rearview mirror.  Bruises on the cheeks, wounds on the corners of my lips and swelling in the corners of my left eye will not be recovered soon.  I saw a car and motorbike forth in the yard. Today is not my lucky day. I sighed and then put on my sunglasses and hat, hoping that I could trick them.  At least for tonight I saw my appearance before moving into the house. I can hear their voices from the second floor.  

 Hah

 I will not be able to avoid them

 I walked as if nothing had happened

 "Hey Beam ... Where have you been?"  Phana asked as I passed them. I just waved and said "dinner" then opened my room key, entered my room, put my bag on the bed and sat on the bed.  I waited for a few seconds to arrive

 BAM

 Someone slammed the door of my room and I could see forth standing in front of me.  He looks a little angry. He bent down and opened my glasses and threw them on the floor.  I let it be. He then opened my hat and I could see anger rising in his eyes. He held my hat so that my hat was out of shape.

 The last time I saw him like this was when I was level seven, someone locked me in the bathroom and flushed me from above with dirty water.  When Forth managed to force open the bathroom key he looked angry, like now. And the child who locked me must be in the hospital for 3 days with a broken hand.

 "Ow Shit!"  Kit shouted softly when he saw me.  He covered his mouth with both hands.  While Phana was silent while staring at me sharply, I knew he was as emotional as forth.

 "Tell me who did this to you" forth kneel before me and look at me.  His voice sounded soft and sharp. His hands were clenched at my sides.  I know he's trying to hold his temper.

 I don't want him to get into trouble.  If he broke someone's hand when he was level seven, I can't imagine what he could do right now.  I shouldn't have been lured into emotions earlier and made myself hurt.

 "This is my fault. So leave it," I pleaded.  I looked forth with a pleading face. Forth did not budge, still trying to hold back his emotions.

 "You won't tell me?"  he said in an emotional voice.  I bit my lower lip and closed my mouth.

 "It doesn't matter, I'll find out for myself who that jerk is and kill him"

 Kit hit the back of Forth's head strongly.  Forth winced for a moment and looked at Kit annoyed.

 "Stop talking about killing, I don't want to visit you every week in prison," Kit said.  I laugh softly but my lips and stomach hurt. I let out a low groan and I could see Kit and Phana looking at me worriedly while the flames were once again burning in the eyes forth.  He stroked my injured cheek.  

 "He will receive 1,000 times this," he said before standing up.

 "Forth please ...." I tried to pull his left hand.  He looked at me for a moment while taking his cellphone.

 "Hey Lam," he said.  Then he pulled his arm from my hand and left Us.

 BAM

 He slammed the door of my room.

 Me, Kit and Phana fell silent.  Not for a long time I heard the roar of the motorbike leaving the court and then disappearing.  Kit took a deep breath when the motor noises were heard.

Phana glared at me "Now he's not there, tell us what happened" he said.  

 "Please Pha ... I'm tired" I looked up and looked at Phana.  Phana chuckled and left the room. Kit looked at Phana who disappeared out then she looked at me.