How Does Sleep Affect Brain Functions?

Scientists seem to have finally found the answer to the question that has been asked for centuries. This response can help develop new treatments for neurological disorders such as sleep 'nun, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. If we are new, our brain renews itself if the phrase is for the next day, it refreshes energy like a car battery. Meanwhile, while sleeping, the brain allows us to remove harmful toxins.

Neurologists of the University of Rochester are mice. See also while the mouse is asleep on the left side of the brain. The process continues. This mobility is not seen when the mouse is awake.Doctor Maiken Nedergaard says that our brain has two very important functions.

"When we're awake, our brain cells scan and overhaul all the information about our environment," says Dr. Nedergaard. At the end of this screening while he is asleep, he is working very hard to discard information that causes pollution, which fills our brains unnecessarily. "

Researchers say that harmful toxins in the brain cause Alzheimer's and other neurological diseases. Experts have found that the cells of the brain shrink in sleep mode, causing harmful conditions to be thrown out in this way.Dr. Nedergaard says that these harmful substances are transported to the liver and destroyed here. Doctor Nedergaard states that research reveals that sleep is necessary, the brain is self-cleaning thanks to sleep.This cleaning process in the brain of mice could be brought to the center thanks to new imaging techniques. Dr. Nedergaard says that in the next step, the human brain will be examined with these new techniques. The results of this research can offer important clues in the prevention and treatment of neurological diseases.