Why itching occurs in our body?

According to the studies carried out today, a healthy person itches 90-100 default per day. Itching from our natural impulses is an unpleasant sensation. Itching is not a disease but a symptom of some diseases. Itching, known as "pruritus" in the medical language, is in place outside our body.

What is itching?

Itching can trigger the release with histamine and other factors by stimulating the nerve endings in our body to create a response to the insect, plant or some toxic materials that come into contact with our body. These impulses cause the scratching reflex to occur in our body after being transmitted to the brain. Therefore, when itching sensation occurs, scratches occur on the skin reflexively by the brain. Itching causes more than normal and excessive irritation and bleeding in the body, resulting in the development of infection.

What diseases can itching in the body be a sign of?

Itching may be very much in some areas of the body, but less in some areas. Although itching duration and intensity vary, this information is not sufficient in itself. If itching sensation occurs and increases gradually, consult a physician. The diagnosis of the disease becomes clear by looking at the history and laboratory results taken by the doctor.

Many diseases that cause itching are also seen in other known diseases such as liver failure, Diabetes mellitus (diabetes), Thyroid diseases, Iron deficiency anemia, Hives, Hodgkin lymphoma, Leukemia and AIDS. Itching feeling increases in case of psychological distress and stress.

How is itching treated?

Local drugs are used to prevent itching by the physician: benzocaine, EMLA pomade, these are painkillers that work. Antihistamines are used in the treatment of itching, but they are given at bedtime as they tend to sleep. It is recommended by the physician in antidepressants in case of distress and stress.

 Corn starch colloid substances and warm bath are recommended to reduce itching without medication. Since drying of the skin causes bleeding cracks during itching, wearing perfumes, warm water, woolen clothes and tight clothes should be avoided. Oily solutions can be used to moisturize the skin after bathing. To maintain tissue integrity, fluid intake should be increased to reduce itching and bleeding (water), plenty of clothes should be worn, cutting nails, getting away from hot areas and warm bath should be done in case of sweating.