3

A month later
Isabelle's pov

I woke up and change into my outfit. I walked to his office and started to do my dusting. I always made sure it was clean before he walked in.

"Goodmorning sir" I said as he walked in. He nodded. You could tell he was hungover. I cleaned around him.

"You missed a spot" He said and pointed in front of him.

"I am sorry sir" I said. I went in front of him and bent to clean it. I walked away and left the room. I saw some guy walking down the hall.

"Look what we have here, new help" He said. I waved a bit.

"What's your name mamas"

"Isabelle"

"I'm Max"

"Hello Max" I said. I walked away. He was the first person beside Camille to actually talk to me. 

I walked into my room and sat down. Camille was in her room. I could hear her lightly singing. I smiled and took my shoes off. I let my hair down and went into the bathroom.

"Isabelle" I heard. I knew it was the 'boss'. I walked out of the bathroom in only my shirt. He looked me up and down.

"Who said you can flirt with my colleges"

"I wasn't flirting"

"You are to talk to no one. You are mine" He said.

"You have me in this house. No friends. Only my sister. What am I supposed to do? You have me locked away against my will so I can clean a fucking office. I am not yours, I am my own. I don-" He had me against the wall with his hand restricting my breathing.

"Watch who the fuck you are talking to. I will have your head on a plate faster than you can say your name"

"I don't even know who you are and you have been threatening to kill me for a month. Now you just fucking claim me like a toy." I said. He squeezed hard.

"Oh babygirl, I am Mattia Polibio, the devil himself" He said. He dropped me and walked away. 

I coughed and rubbed my neck. Every time he holds me there and looks me in my eyes I feel something I shouldn't. I feel attraction and not fear. Of course, he scares me but I never feel that when he's choking me out. 

I walked to the bathroom and washed off and placed my clothes back on. I sat on the bed and thought. Why am I putting myself through this? Why do I always get myself into trouble? I need to find a way out. I touched my bracelet.

"I know you still care" I whispered.

"Capo wants you" A maid said. I nodded and went to his office. 

"I need you to arrange my closet. I am going out right now and I want to be able to find everything when I get back" He said. I nodded. 

Mattia Polibio, I can't believe I am his fucking maid. I arranged his closet and swept his floor. I made his bed and found a thong. I tossed it in the trash. It made me upset to see that. 

I finished cleaning his room and went to the living room. It was about 7 at night. I made the couch when I heard the door fly open. I whipped my head around and saw Mattia bleeding. 

I could just let him bleed out. Then me and Camille could leave but that's not who I am. I can't just watch him in pain.

I ran over to him and helped him on the couch. I looked around and couldn't find anything. I tore the sleeve off my outfit and pressed the wound on his arm. He winced.

"I'm sorry" I said. I tied it as I ran to my bathroom. I grabbed towels, gauzes, alcohol, and some bandages. I ran back downstairs. I started to clean the blood off him.

"I need to take your shirt off" I said as I started to take it off. He looked at me confused. I pulled it off. I noticed a canvas of tattoos on him. I never noticed this, ever. I never really seen him shirtless either. I ran my thumb across one tattoo on his forearm.

"Hello, Isabelle are we going to bandage me up" Mattia asked harshly. You would think someone would be more grateful. 

I put alcohol on the wound. He gripped my arm tightly. I winced a bit but continued to patch him up. Once I finished I put everything up.

"Get me a drink" He said.

"I don't think you should have that"

"Get me a fucking drink Isabelle" He yelled. I ran and poured him a mix my mom always drank. I brought it to him and watched him down it.

"Come on we need to get you to bed" I said. He wouldn't get up.

"Please get up Mattia" I said. He got up and I led him to his room. I sat him on his bed and started to leave.

"Can you stay" He asked. I looked at him. I nodded and sat on his bed. He pulled me closer and I laid next to him. He pushed my hair out of my face and looked at me.

"Why do you put yourself through it"

"What are you talking about" I asked.

"Why did you help me after how I treated you this past month"

"Because that's not who I am" I said. We just sat there staring at each other. 

I could now study his features. His eyes and the way his lips curl. I watched as he took breaths. I watched him close his eyes slowly and my eyes grew heavy. 

I fell asleep in his arms and I could honestly get used to this.

Mattia's Pov

I watched as Isabelle closed her eyes and went to sleep. I knew that she could change me. I knew that she could make me gentle. I needed a change from the pain of the past. I needed to be able to be free and not let my demons consume me.

 I watched as her chest rose lightly. I thought about taking her to her room but it seemed harsh to do. I promised myself that I wouldn't do anything without her permission but it's getting hard for me. She just has a complex that draws me to her but her mouth, her attitude, she has to be Italian. If only I knew her last name.