17

Isabelle's Pov

I sat up in my bed. I felt sick to my stomach. This past week has been hard for me. I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom.

I saw the bags under my eyes and the redness on my cheeks. I walked over to the shower. I turned on the hot water. I watched the bathroom steam up. I walked into the shower and just stood there. I couldn't even tell I was under the water.

I started to wash my body off. I scrubbed my skin as hard as possible. I didn't want any of the dirt I had picked up this week. I turned off the water and stepped out the shower. I wrapped myself in a towel and went to get dressed.

I pulled up my shorts and pulled my tank top over my head. I pulled my hair up in a messy bun. I looked at my bed and my soaked pillow. The tissues sitting on the pillow next to mine were soaked. I scoffed and yanked on my sheets. I balled them up and threw them in the corner. I opened my door and smelt bacon.

I walked down the stairs and everyone looked at me. I sat at the table.

"Isabelle" Kairi said joyfully.

"Kairi" I weakly smiled and joined the hug he started.

"So someone climbed out of their grave" Camille said.

"Did you drown in your tears" Kairi asked. I pushed his shoulder.

"Shut up Kai, I was going through something" I lightly laughed. He was the only who could make me laugh when I was sad.

"Oh ok I bet it had to do with a boy" He said.

"Fuck up, I haven't spoken to anyone besides your short ass"

"Please shortstack"

"An inch" I yelled. He smiled. Alejandro was sitting on the couch talking to Camille. They were laughing.

I never really talked to Alejandro but it seems that they are hitting it off. Mattia was sitting at the head of the table drinking coffee. I saw how he gave no emotion or attention to me.

"When you coming out with me and Olivia? She misses you" Kairi asked. I shrugged.

"I don't know. I don't really want to go anywhere"

"We were gonna go clubbing tonight. Wanna come with"

"Nope" Mattia said. I looked at him.

"He asked me" I said.

"Yup and we will not be attending" Mattia said. I rolled my eyes.

"You heard my keeper Kairi. I'm not allowed to go" I said. Kairi laughed.

"We have that banquet next week" Mattia said. Kairi and Alejandro nodded.

"What banquet" I asked.

"A banquet we will all be attending. You and Camille will also be coming with us"

"It is just a gathering. We won't really know anyone but the important people" Kairi whispered. I nodded. I sat down on the couch and watched whatever Alejandro had on the TV.

It seemed like he wasn't even paying attention since he was painting Cami's nails. I just sat there. I wanted to be chillin' off of everything. I just wanted to sit back but I didn't want everyone to think I was dead in my room.

"Can I speak with you Isabelle" I heard Mattia say. I rolled my eyes.

"Belle" Cami said. I turned to her.

"Please don't argue with Mattia. I hate hearing you two fight and I can see how angry he is"

"I didn't do anything at all. I just stayed away"

"I don't know, just please don't yell" She said. I nodded. I walked upstairs and went to his office. He wasn't in his office. I walked down the hall and opened his room door. He was sitting on his bed with his shirt half-buttoned and his hair messy. His hand was on his face. He looked amazing. Like he looked so good.

Why am I thinking of him like that? I know what he does. I know who he is. He fucking threatened to kill me and I think about how good he looks. Then again I've been here for months so.

"You wanted to talk to me" I said. He nodded his head gently. I walked towards his bed.

"Why have you been away" He asked.

"Excuse me"

"You stayed away from everyone for a week. Camille wouldn't let me into your room"

"Sorry but I was going through the so-called awakening you brought me to" I said getting louder.

"What do you mean so-called? You needed to be told. She doesn't care about you Isabelle"

"Why do you keep saying that? You don't even know her"

"No but I know the type of person she is and she isn't anyone you need in your life"

"How would you know who and what I need in my life, Mattia? If she isn't good for me then why would you be? I never know your mood and I'm always guessing. That's better than being with my mother? The woman who was left to raise me. I do need her in my life Mattia" I said. He rubbed his hands through his hair.

"I know what's best for you Isabelle. That's why you're here. That's why you aren't working in one of my fucking casinos or cleaning every inch of my house" He said. I looked at him.

"Ok"

"Huh"

"Ok Mattia. I am not going to argue with you. Cami asked me not to argue so Mattia you're right. You fixed my life so good. I'm sorry for starting with you and yelling. So what would you like me to do Master Mattia" I said calmly. He huffed hard.

"Isabelle I care about you. That is why I say what I say. That is why I do what I do Isabelle"

"Ok Mattia"

"Give me emotion"

"Why. I used it all in that room. I cried so much that I thought I would actually drown in my tears, Mattia. I never know what to think anymore. I always have someone telling me how to feel so if I don't want to feel then I don't have to"