Epilogue

Isabelle's Pov

"Cristiano. Cristiano Camilo Gian Polibio come here" I yelled down the hall. Small feet thumped up the steps.

"Mamma I told him to come but he has his headphones in"

"Ok Mia. Go find your father and tell him to come here" I said. Then I heard footsteps coming towards the room.

"Yes mom" Cristiano said. He stood in the doorway.

"Why do you have this"

"Isn't it cool, papa said it was just a training one" He said. I stood with my hands on my hips. He put his hands up in defense.

"No it isn't cool. It's dangerous. You shouldn't have it sitting in plain sight on your bed, let alone in your possession" I said.

"Mamma it's just for practice"

"I don't care Cristiano. What if Mia or one of the twins comes in and touches it. It could hurt them. You would feel horrible if they got hurt"

"I didn't mean it. I-"

"Enough. I am taking this. Do you understand why that was a poor decision"

"Yes mamma"

"Ok, never again" I said. I dropped the gun into the laundry basket and walked out of the room. I walked down the steps and went into my room. I placed the basket down. I sat on the bed and wiped my forehead.

"What am I going to do with these boys" I said to myself.

"I'm not sure" Mattia said while walking in.

"Mia said you wanted me" 

"Shut the door"

"Oh. The kids are here, you'll have to be quiet"

"Mattia" I said harshly. He shut the door and walked towards me.

"What happened now"

I reached into the laundry basket.

"This. Why would you give it to him"

"Because it is time for him to learn"

"It isn't his duty to protect himself, that it our duty. He doesn't need this. I am not telling you again. He's 10" Mattia huffed.

"I mean it"

"These are the problems of a mafia household"

"Mattia Polibio"

"Ok fine. I promise. Now stop before you hurt your heart" He said. I flagged him off.

"You have to be careful. Massimo did a lot of damage"

"I don't care about that. I am perfectly fine" I said. I began to fold the clothes in the laundry basket.

"Isabelle"

"Tesoro"

"Baby"

"What Mattia" I yelled.

"You already folded those. Did you take your meds today" I put the clothes down. I pulled my hair back. I am doing too much. I am moving around too much.

"Take a breath. Breathe before you go into another attack" He said.

"A mother shouldn't have to take medicine to be ok"

"You do. It keeps you alive for us" Mattia said. I huffed out.

"I'm here. I'm here for you" He placed his arms around me and pulled my head to his chest.