46

Mattia's Pov

The past two and a half weeks have been absolute hell for me. It's like she got taken all over again. At least this way I know she's safe. I just don't understand myself anymore. I give her two normal weeks and then I completely avoid her.

"So how you feel about that Amaro project being off our cases" Kairi asked. I laughed.

"It's ok, Domani will call with another concern and then we will have another"

"Do you even care about his concerns" Alejandro asked.

"No but it keeps the bastard in Italy doesn't it. Kai when is your dad flying in" I asked.

"Not sure. I haven't told him about the baby yet. Last time he saw Olivia she was a disposable" He said taking a sip of his drink.

"Imagine what your mother thought when she heard those words" Alejandro laughed.

"She thought that Olivia should join the club" Kairi said.

"Let's get down to the real occasion of tonight boys" Max said walking through the door.

"Maximiliano it's been forever" I smiled.

"Well Mexico was treating my well until they found out I was stealing their drugs and wives" He laughed.

"Yea Mattia, your birthday is in 2 hours" Kairi said. I flagged him off.

"Ok and. What are we gonna do different from last year. We got drinks, food, money, it's all the same"

"We aren't gonna have strippers?" Max asked.

"No, Mattia's got himself locked down" Alejandro teased.

"Why not have strippers. You don't have to touch them" Max said. I laughed.

"No strippers. Plus you know I got to get that pity phone call from my father and see if my mom's gonna call this year"

"Mat you change your number like three times a month" Max said.

"No I just use three different phones. You know I have to do it. It's like a tradition now"

"Yea is it a tradition to leave your girlfriend at home and she doesn't even know about it" Kairi asked.

"Damn Kai someone must have your balls in a vice" Max laughed.

"His pregnant girlfriend" Alejandro said.

"You really love to hate on the chicks" I said.

"No just the facts that they hold your balls"

"Not mafia man Mattia. His girl can't be over dominating" Max laughed.

"She isn't and she won't"

"How about we drink until we forget our first names"

"Now that sounds great Max" I lifted my cup to my face and tilted my head back. I wasn't getting drunk just loose. 

I looked around me. It was disgusting. I shouldn't be hiding out in my second office. It's so pitiful. But I can't make her leave or harshly send her into another room. I have to ease her out of wanting me. So she can be safe.

"What are you over there moping about" Kairi asked. I looked up.

"Nothing. How about we call those strippers" I said. The boys cheered.

"Mattia you have 10 minutes" 

"Oh shit. The boy finna be 24 finally" 

"Yes it took you forever"

"5 minutes"

"What is gonna be your first move as being 24"

"Bro just imagine the tabloids"

"24-year-old millionaire tips strippers"

"Mattia Polibip, only 24, such huge differences"

"Bank account through the roof yet he is just a mere baby" All the guys laughed.

"They won't be saying any of that. I'm going to just walk out 24" I said.

"Happy birthday Mattiboy" Kairi said hitting my back.

"Finally 24" Alejandro said.

"Way to join the crowd" Max said. I laughed.

"So what are our first moves"

"Drinks" Max said. I heard a low ringing.

"Get ready for this phone call" Kairi whispered. I huffed and walked to my desk. I picked up the phone and saw father on my phone. I rolled my eyes.

"Ciao Papa" I said. Alejandro laughed at the grimace on my face.

"24, how are you feeling"

"I guess the same as I did five minutes ago. Better before this call"

"Don't be such a stick in the mud. I was just wishing you a happy birthday"

"Thanks"

"Oh the Balotelli's profits are going up and I want you to find out how"

"Always something with you old man. I will talk to you never"

"I will see you soon son" The line disconnected. I sighed.

"How's he acting" Alejandro asked.

"Like Domani" I said. I felt my phone vibrate in my hand. Then it started ringing.

"You seem to be famous" Max laughed. I looked at my phone and saw that the number was blocked.

"Who's calling" I asked.

"Don't you miss me Mattibear"

"Amelia I'm not doing this. I can't do this what do you want?"

"Happy Birthday. I wish you well. See you soon, real soon" Then the line disconnected. I picked up my drink and took a long sip,

"Well that didn't seem to pleasant" Max said.

"Well yea it wasn't, I don't even know how she got my number"

"That's besides the point right now Mattiboy. You are 24 my man" Max laughed. I rolled my eyes.

"Are we going to enjoy ourselves or what" Alejandro asked. I nodded.

"I gotta be home by 10" Kairi said.

"Ok, we'll be done by then" I laughed and we all left.

Is what I did a little harsh? Yes. Do I regret it? No. I'm no good for Isabelle and I know that. I can't be selfish anymore. It's because of me that she even got taken. It doesn't feel great to ignore her like this but it is the right thing to do.