82

Mattia's Pov

I got up and looked down. Who knew that Camille's death would hurt me so much. And to not hear it from Isabelle. Well she has been hiding more than a death from me. I stood up, a funeral today. I hate funerals if I didn't cause them.

I walked to Amelia's room. I opened the door and saw Amelias standing with the sleeping baby.

"I want her ready within the hour"

"You can't go anywhere without me"

"I will do as I please and I want my daughter with me" I said. I walked down the hall and went to shower. I looked at me shower.

I can't believe it's been this long. She used to stand on the other side and tease me. She used to think it was funny to run into the bedroom as I was washing off. She used to pour more shampoo into my hair as I washed it and forced me to wash it more.

I huffed. I needed to clear my head, now she is having my child and won't even let me help. How can she take my child away from me. I stepped out of the shower and dried off. I got dressed and walked to the west wing. It was time for me to visit.

I walked to the office. I opened the door and stepped over the broken whiskey bottle. I saw that it was exactly how I left it. I picked up a piece of a chair. My rage stage. I remember when I banished everyone from this wing. It used to be held for my parents. A room for each.

The office was Domani's. I felt like mirroring what he made me feel. I started to walk back to the door. There was no way to actually stay in this room without breaking something. I left the room and went to the end of the hall.

I knew that I would have to step in the room soon. But that would mean she would come back. I turned the knob and opened the door. I pushed the glass panel to the side. I stuck my hand through the entrance.

Even the air felt pure. I just wish my mother hadn't left me all alone. I wish she would have at least gave me something to remember her by. All I have are memories and this room. I put the panel back into it's rightful spot. I closed the door and walked away.

"She better be ready" I called out. I walked to Amelia's room and opened the door. Amelia was fully dressed.

"You aren't going"

"Like hell I am, it is my child Mattia"

"I said that I will be taking my daughter with me." I said. I went to pick her up.

"Mattia careful she is sleeping" Amelia scolded. I rolled my eyes and walked out of the room with her. I walked down stairs to put her in the carrier. 

"Are you ready" Alejandro asked while walking through the door. I rolled my eyes.

"Yea, I am so ready to attend a funeral. Hopefully they have champange"

"Ok shut the sarcasm. I just don't want to feel bad anymore. I can only feel guilty for so long"

"Ok let's go. I have the baby so be quiet" I said. He nodded. We walked out and I strapped the car seat in the car. Alejandro and I drove to funeral. I saw his face change as we got closer. It seemed that reality hit harder.

"It's all so real, she's really gone. We are really driving to her funeral" He said.

"I always envied the relationship you had with her"

"For what. It's no different than the relationship you have with Abrin. That's where I learned to be an older brother"

The silence lay flat over us. No one wanted to talk anymore.

"We're here" I said. We got out the car and I grabbed the baby. We walked into the funeral home. It was very quiet.

"Thank you for coming" Ivana said. I nodded as we sat in the back. Isabelle was up front. I felt so much of me pained.

"She had a mean trick shot" I said.

"She learned so fast" Alejandro's voice broke. I looked over to him. He was staring at the coffin with tears beginning.

"She knew what it meant. She knew what her life lead to"

"And to think, she was finally happy" Alejandro said. I put my head down.

"Can you hold Faith" I said handing her to Alejandro. I walked up the aisles and to Isabelle and her family. I was surprised to see Kairi and Olivia but I wasn't sure why.

"I came to pay my respects. I am aware that this is my fault" I said. Isabelle looked up. I noticed the engagement ring on her finger.

"It isn't. It's no one's fault. As much as I wish I could blame it on someone. I just wish my mother would have come"

"It's going to be ok" I said. She nodded her head and walked up to the coffin. I walked up behind her.

"I am so sorry Cami" She whispered and kissed her fingers and then placed them on Camille's head. I was going to turn her around to hug her but I felt a presence behind me.

"I'm sorry darling for being late, I had business" Tyler said pushing past me. I huffed and walked away as he pulled her in for a hug. I turned to them and saw her eyes on me. I turned and continued to walk to the back.

"Mattia" Alejandro whispered.

"What"

"Why does your baby have green eyes"

"What are you talking about"

"Your daughter has bright green eyes" He said. I picked Faith up and looked at her. She does have green eyes.

"We have to go" I said. I walked to the car and strapped her into the carseat. I got into the car and basically raced home. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. 

"Mattia, calm down, think"

"No, she has been lying to me for months"  I said. Once I got home I opened the door. I left Alejandro in the car with the baby. 

I saw Amelia walking down the stairs with many bags in her hand.

"What are you doing"

"Mattia"

"You knew I would find out" I said. She dropped her bags.

"She isn't mine is she" I asked. She looked at me with pain in her eyes.

"Mattia, let me explain"

"You actually waited this long to say anything to me. WHY"

"Because, Domani"

"No, you Amelia, you lied to me about that child. That child who I swore to love. That child who I lost my real child over"

"No, you lost that bastard child because of what you did with me" I walked up to her and slammed her into a wall.

"Watch your fucking mouth"

"What are you gonna do, kill me"

"If Faith didn't need her mother, I would. I never want to see you again"

"I never wanted to do this to you. I swear. I wanted to stay away but Domani planned all of this. It is his fault. You are such an amazing father"

"OH SHUT UP. I'm not even her father. Get out and never come back" I said. I picked my phone.

"Bring her in. Hand her to the whore" I gritted. I put my phone down and walked past her. Another day, another disappointment.