Chapter 10: Just You And I

Kristen's POV

The next morning, I went to school with Cameron. We were holding hands while skateboarding by the roadside.

Cameron were so fast. I chased after him. Suddenly, I felt heavy in the heart. I stopped and sat on the ground. Cameron ran to me. "A-are you okay?" he said. I shook my head. We took the taxi to school.

He sent me to the school clinic.

I sat on the bed. "Okay, what's you're problem, young lady?" the doctor said. "Asthma." I replied. She gave me something to put on the mouth and nose. It's a nap. Not 'nap' short sleep.

I went to my class and took my seat. I waited for Stacie. But she's not here. Where could she be?

During the history class, I texted Nash.

K: Nash, where is Stacie? Is she absent or something?

N: I dunno. She told me to come to her house after school. Come with me then.

K: Hmm.. K.

***

Yes! Last period is done. I met Cameron at my locker then we walked to look for Nash.

"Hey, Nash. Let's go." Cam said. "Of course." Nash replied. We went to Stacie's house with taxi. We didn't walked because I will get in trouble.

***

"Stacie? What's this, box and stuff." Nash said. "Look, Nash. We move to UK. Because my dad transfers his work there. I guess today will be our last day together." Stacie replied. Water filled Nash's eyes. He hugged Stacie for a little while. I hugged Stacie and I cried. A bit. Not like Nash. "Stacie, we've been best friend in 5 months. A day after we've been sisters in law, you move. I'll visit you there." I said. She nodded in tears.

We helped her parents arranged stuff and put in the car. I hugged her parents. I ran to Stacie. "I'll miss you, Stacie." I said. "I'll miss you too." she replied. Cam hugged her as well. As she entered the car, we waved at her. Nash threw his bag and ran somewhere. Cam wanted to run after him but I tapped his chest and shook my head.

***

"Cam, it's just us. I have no the most fun best friend in the world. No one will walk with me at school. No one will laugh, sit, eat and hears to every secrets of mine." I said. "I'll be that guy." Cam replied. He kissed my forehead. I hugged him for awhile. "Just you and I, huh?" I said. "Yes, just you and I." he replied.

***

The next day, we met Nash. "Nash?" I said. "It's okay. I can bring you to UK when I go visit her." I continued. He smiled. "Thanks. That's kind of you." he replied. I nodded and smiled.

***

School was over. Cam decided to bring Nash and I to Music Store. He wanted to buy a guitar for his friend, Shawn. Since today was Shawn's birthday, we bought present for him. Although I don't know who's Shawn but it's okay.

"Okay, let's see which one is the best." Nash said. I'm happy that he's mood was okay today. "What about this?" Cam said. I walked around the store and suddenly, a lady came to me. "Looking for something?" she asked. "Pianos?" I answered. "Oh, come with me." she said. I followed her. "Here." she said. I looked there were a black piano. I sat on the chair and started playing. I played 'More Than This by One Direction.' I sang it too.

If I'm louder, would you see me? Would you lay down, in my arms and rescue me?
Cause we are the same.
You save me, when you leave it's gone again.

Cameron's POV

I looked around and there's no Kristy. "Kris? Babe?" I said. Suddenly, I heard someone sang. I followed that voice. I gave sign to Nash as a 'follow me' sign. I followed that voice until I found a girl with a piano singing. It was her.

I walked toward her but she didn't realised that I'm here. After she played the piano, she cried. "Hey, what's going on?" I asked. I wiped her tears with my thumb. "My mom. She taught me when I was a little. It brings our old moments." she replied. She cried again. "Be patient." I said.

We pay the guitar and went back.

***

Kristen's POV

Cam asked me to wear something nice for the birthday party. I wore a green plain dress and my red Vans.